Any easy to install CPU Coolers ?

Associate
I currently have the wraith stealth cooler for my 3600 and was considering an upgrade.
The stealth seems to be the only one which is really easy to install, as you just clip it in an screw it.... All the others have loads of clips, wirey bits and bolts that need to be attached

The wraith spire looks good, however I don't know which ones are the " new ones " which are apparently aluminium rather than copper

500w PSU

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Less noise yes. No overclocking
The stock fan is good to be fair as I get up to 72c whilst playing cs go and cyberpunk, which is good right ?

The main noise I'm sure comes from the GPU ( rx580 ) as it has two bulky fans on it and only makes loud noise when playing games .

Before getting a new cooler I might consider as new PSU as its 500w coolermaster. Never had any problems with it so just speculative really.

Is be looking at the rm650x by corsair.

In terms of coolers, which ones are good ?

Associate
OP
Budget is £60

Might get the noctua NH U12S. Doesn't look aesthetically pleasing however the performance is supposed to be exceptional.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok I like the look of the Noctua NH U12s.

Will it be fine with a 500w PSU ? Also no clearance issues with the RAM ? It does state it shouldn't be a problem.

Associate
OP
Is it best to have the fan facing inside the computer, or outwards ? I have a fan on the back of my tower too. This red fan is pulling air into the computer...
50727071567-1778aa58fc-o.jpg

Gone for the nhu12s.
My mobo is a micro-atx, however on the description says it will fit an ATX or Micro ATX

I have a full sized ATX case, and a micro ATX mobo.

I've checked the width of my current cooler, and the Noctua one is actually smaller in diamater ( between the ram on the right and the case on the left )
And 2.5cm different in height. ( up and down )

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You want air flow front to back so fans at the front intake air and fans at the back exhaust it

You need to flip your rear fan

Ok thanks. That's how it came when I bought it from ******** . Guess they did it the wrong way?

I dont have any front fans, just the fans on the GPU, cpu, and rear fan

Plus my temps are excellent, are you sure I should flip the rear fan?

Associate
OP
Ok after checking yes there are two large fans right at the front of the tower, sucking air into the pc

I've looked at the fan and it appears it can only be screwed in one way , which is the way it is already installed. Because the threads are only in one side of the fan

I need a new case fan, so I can use it as an exhaust would the arctic p12 or f12 be best ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That red fan look like it is exhausting to me
You sure it is sucking in?

If I put my hand inside the case in front of the fan you can feel the air. But you cannot feel anything on the outside.

Thing is my temps are excellent at the moment even with the stock cooler so may just leave it , and just get the cpu cooler, see how it performs and then take it from there

Associate
OP
The motor support bars???look like they are on the outside/nearest the case which `usually`means air goes out that side
Try a piece of paper on the outside and see if it sticks? :)

Thanks dude !!
I put a tiny bit of plastic sheet at the front fans and it's pulling inwards. I put the plastic by the rear case fan and it's definitely pulling away from the computer in an exhaust style :D :D

Associate
OP
So when I fit my cpu cooler. Should it be this way.. (Air going through the heatsink towards the rear of the case )

I bought some noctua cpu cleaner stuff, expensive, but very highly rated, especially as i'd rather not buy a huge bottle of alcohol lolz.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If in future I wanted to add another cooler so i have a push and pull system, how do you attach the 2nd fan , as far as I know I can only have one cpu fan due to my motherboard?

Would you get an adapter to plug both into, and then the adapter into the cpu fan socket?

Associate
OP
Wont need to take out the mobo to install it ?

Also how do you know which way to install the heatsink , which way is left and right ? I know which way to do the fan

Back
Top Bottom