Any Euro Truck Sim players here? (oculuis Rift)

Soldato
if so what card do you have and what settings do you use?.

I was getting "rubber banding" with my gtx 980 which i believe is a problem with ASW and this game (DX9 was never meant for use in VR, its amazing the devs have managed it).

i thought it would be fixed with my gtx 1080ti but it still happens in built up areas. i tried lowering settings a bit but still seems to happen.

i thought ctrl - 1 disabled ASW however it does not seem to work ..... is it forced now in the drivers now that it is considered fully working?
thanks

Soldato
OP
thanks. that mirrors my experience.

oh well, its playable at least. iirc back in the day the devs were talking about porting to DX11. i really hope they are still considering it.

Soldato
Played both ATS and ETS2 a fair bit in VR, both do the feel real thing very well. Most of the performance hit seems to come from the render scale if I remember right, I took most of my info from the truck sim sub reddit, there's a wealth of info on general VR setups.

It's very playable ETS runs and looks a little better over ATS I think, but both have some nasty ghosting on traffic at times. Wouldn't mind seeing some 2080ti VR performance benchies, seeing if the brute force approach works.

Back
Top Bottom