• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any experience with Palit?

Associate
Anybody here had any experience with Palit 10 series cards, specifically the Jetstream/Super Jetstream? I'm looking at just picking up the 1070.

I've never built a system with an nvidia GPU so I'm not too familiar with brands like Palit and Zotac etc.

Just looking what people's experiences have been with the hardware, software and, if necessary, the CS/support.

Associate
I have the super jetstream 1080 and had no problems with it. I have not had any cause to use any customer service so I cant comment on that. The card is extremely well built though, and also has RGB on it. The software is fairly basic compared to some offerings, all it seems to do is allow some control over the RGB settings (I dont have much use for that). The card is quiet and performs like the benchmarks say a 1080 should. I would recommmend them.

Soldato
I've had their 980 and 980 Ti JetStream and 1080 GameRock models. All three were excellent cards and very quiet (in fact they all use the exact same cooler, plastic shroud aside).

Associate
OP
I have the super jetstream 1080 and had no problems with it. I have not had any cause to use any customer service so I cant comment on that. The card is extremely well built though, and also has RGB on it. The software is fairly basic compared to some offerings, all it seems to do is allow some control over the RGB settings (I dont have much use for that). The card is quiet and performs like the benchmarks say a 1080 should. I would recommmend them.

I've had their 980 and 980 Ti JetStream and 1080 GameRock models. All three were excellent cards and very quiet (in fact they all use the exact same cooler, plastic shroud aside).

Promising start, thanks.
Being such a large (and I assume heavy) cooler was there any noticable sagging?

Associate
I've got 1080 gamerock premium and despite having been hit with the ugly stick several times it's been the best GPU I've had for noise, heat and consistent performance over the last 2 years. There isn't much to cause it to struggle today tbh.

Still ordered a 2080ti to replace it though lol.

Soldato
I just got the cheapo palit dual and really happy with it. In a decent case it runs really quiet while gaming and 0% fans in windows which is great feature.

The jetstream and game rock have better coolers than mine so you shouldn't ever have any issues with it.

Palit offer lots for the money, when I bought my 1080 it was cheaper than a lot of the 1070's. I would happily buy palit again next time.

Software works fine looks pretty simple looking but works without issue.

My card no sag at all sits perfect straight but mine is cheapo one and weighs nothing at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Promising start, thanks.
Being such a large (and I assume heavy) cooler was there any noticable sagging?
Nothing that I ever noticed. I did have some pictures of the 980 Ti in my system, but I can't find them. If there was any sagging, it was certainly minor though.

Associate
I have had a super jetstream 1080 for the last couple of years and it has been excellent, it has helped boost my i5-2500k so I can run modern games on max settings

Associate
Another up vote for Palit, I bought the 1070ti Dual as it was the cheapest 1070ti about... so that justified the added expense to put it under water. Performance on standard setup was superb, fans a little noisy for my liking though as I like silence. Tech Labs AIO on it now, it's completely silent in my case and boosts to 2126mhz and holds it no issues.

Back
Top Bottom