any idea where to get hold of this memory

Soldato
Some key words to search for: 8GB, DDR4, SDRAM SODIMM, 260 pin, 2400MHz, 17-17-17, ECC Unbuffered. https://www.skhynix.com/products.view.do?vseq=1725&cseq=75

Can't guarantee 100% compatibility with different memory, and I'm not clued up on ECC Unbuffered/Registered memory (so get a second opinion), but there's a good chance with this stick I reckon (search in the Rainforest): Kingston ValueRAM 8 GB DDR4 ECC CL17 SODIM Memory - Green

Always make sure vendor has good returns/refund policy just in case.

Soldato
Your SK Hynix stick supports ECC error correction and detection, that Crucial does not. I have no idea if it would work regardless of that. Just letting you know of that difference.

Associate
Think these are the same?
wildarc(dot)co.uk/memory-solution-hma81gs6afr8n-uh-8gb-ddr4-2400mhz-memory-module?gclid=CLa5mY2ez9ICFWYq0wodbO0CpA

Associate
OP
stumbled across this bit of info online on how to check if you have ecc or non ecc. tried on my system and it shows

//Non-ECC Memory
DataWidth TotalWidth
64 64

and code 3.

so if below is a correct way of showing your running ecc or non ecc it appears mine is running non ecc

in command prompt type this

wmic MEMORYCHIP get DataWidth,TotalWidth

If the TotalWidth value is larger than the DataWidth value you have ECC memory.

Example output:

//ECC Memory
DataWidth TotalWidth
64 72

//Non-ECC Memory
DataWidth TotalWidth
64 64

A better way to determine is via the following command:

wmic memphysical get memoryerrorcorrection

This will return a code based on the type of memory installed:

Value Meaning
0 (0x0) Reserved

1 (0x1) Other

2 (0x2) Unknown

3 (0x3) None

4 (0x4) Parity

5 (0x5) Single-bit ECC

6 (0x6) Multi-bit ECC

7 (0x7) CRC

Associate
OP
again trying to read up on ecc and non ecc they seem to say the number of chips for ecc are in multiples of 3 or 5. i have 8 chips on mine, 4 on each side. from my reading if it were ecc it would have a 9th chip. hopefully somewhere here can clear this up?

Associate
Try kingston's website, they offer system specially tested memory, see if they have one listed that'll work for you. Then come back here see if these guys can sell you some :)

Soldato
again trying to read up on ecc and non ecc they seem to say the number of chips for ecc are in multiples of 3 or 5. i have 8 chips on mine, 4 on each side. from my reading if it were ecc it would have a 9th chip. hopefully somewhere here can clear this up?

I hope someone can too. This is what doesn't make sense:

Yet it appears it may not be ECC.

Associate
OP
Update on this. After more digging around the sk hynix site I found a breakdown of what the part number means. And the (6) In mine means x64/lp. So I have 64bit memory (non ecc) if it were a 7 8 or 9 it would be 72bit memory (ecc)

Cheers for the help

Back
Top Bottom