Any interest in discounts on Sky Mobile Sim packages?

Soldato
And if you use more than that? You either get charged extra, get cut off until your next bill period or have to pay extra?

So just like Sky then, if you take a 15GB plan and go over, and need 20GB one month, and you've not got any rolled over how much does that cost you?

Please don't try and say the a 30-day rolling contract with 30GB data for £10 isn't better value than a 25GB one at £16.25 per month. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just to clarify if you go over your Sky data allowance it costs you £15 for 1GB!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So just like Sky then, if you take a 15GB plan and go over, and need 20GB one month, and you've not got any rolled over how much does that cost you?

Please don't try and say the a 30-day rolling contract with 30GB data for £10 isn't better value than a 25GB one at £16.25 per month. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just to clarify if you go over your Sky data allowance it costs you £15 for 1GB!
True, but if you use more than that on any service you have to pay more. It’s not any better value, you’re right.

Soldato
True, but if you use more than that on any service you have to pay more. It’s not any better value, you’re right.

Indeed, but take a look at the Smarty tariffs £1 per GB over the allowance , and they give you money back on some tariffs every month if you are under your allowance. e.g if you take a 3GB plan and use 1GB, they give you £2 back that's better than roll over when you are low user, as if you need more it costs only £1 per GB.

The 10GB option with Sky is the best, the rest are average, but if they are 12 month tie in then that makes them way less appealing, as we all know data costs are dropping every few months. It's like when texts and minutes used to cost money, now they don't even care about them, not to mention how many are offering low cost unlimited tariffs.

Soldato
Need to speak to family member(s) to check what their deal/contract is with Giff Gaff, which also uses O2 network IIRC. Think at least one is paying ~£10 for 3GB data with unknown calls/texts deal, but they seem to think calls to my landline if >60mins creates extra charges, maybe they are confusing this with the unlimited calls to other Giff Gaff users being charged extra if >60mins. For one of them, their mobile SIM is their only internet access.

I'll post back if they fancy the swap, the 10GB package looks a "no brainer" for one of them, as Three network reception on my mobile was dire when I visited them before Xmas.

Caporegime
I was looking at your Sky TV thread yesterday MissChief and was thinking about dumping BT and moving to Sky for Broadband and a basic TV package.

I'm currently with GiffGaff and paying £8 for 2GB so if I were to take up a mobile deal with Sky would that then make me ineligible for the TV discount as I would be a Sky customer?

Caporegime
OP
I was looking at your Sky TV thread yesterday MissChief and was thinking about dumping BT and moving to Sky for Broadband and a basic TV package.

I'm currently with GiffGaff and paying £8 for 2GB so if I were to take up a mobile deal with Sky would that then make me ineligible for the TV discount as I would be a Sky customer?

Nope. Although your Mobile and Tv account would be linked (in order to watch Sky Go Data free) it wouldn't stop you from signing up to a TV and broadband package with one of my codes.

Caporegime
Be aware that at least where I am (Cardiff) and from my experience the EE network is far quicker on 4g than I've found on sky.

I'm on sky mobile and have made great use of the piggy bank feature And price is great.

I still think I will go back to EE after this contract. It was just better

Caporegime
Nope. Although your Mobile and Tv account would be linked (in order to watch Sky Go Data free) it wouldn't stop you from signing up to a TV and broadband package with one of my codes.
Thanks MissChief, trust message sent :)

Edit: Thanks for the code. It says there's a problem and to call the Customer Services Team. Can I still give the code over the phone?

Edit: My account had expired lol, all signed up now thanks :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom