Any iPod classic Users

• Thread starter Thread starter Si.
  • Start date Start date
Just bought a iPod classic. Intending to stick a big SD card and battery in it for when we go backpacking. Just collecting up my CDs to rip to it now. :)

It was a risk but I just bought a brand new sealed iPod classic 5th Generation. Very happy with it.

HbRvg3Sl.jpg

Just bought a iPod classic. Intending to stick a big SD card and battery in it for when we go backpacking. Just collecting up my CDs to rip to it now. :)

Just got round to doing this last night. Took some fiddling and the ordering a thick rear case but it's running rock box with a 128GB SD card and 3000 mah battery. Perfect for backpacking whilst keeping the phone secured away.

I grabbed a broken screen 5.5 30gb ipod from ebay just after xmas with the intention of reducing dependancy on phone and streaming services. Dropped in 256gb microsd card big battery new front cover and new screen. Total cost is about £150 I think when all in, which seems silly but ive got it setup really nicely now. Syncs my podcasts and music very well, signed up to icloud match to get top quality files onto it. Struggling with audiobooks a bit though.
In general I love it, listened to so many actual albums as albums and not getting distracted by apps on phone when just going to change song etc, and am currently hunting for a speaker with a dock for cheap, then going to do my daughter one.

You'll use it for ten minutes, nostalgia will wear off and it'll go back in the drawer.
I was concerned about this, but i genuinely love it, converted back to wired headphones for almost all my music/meetings and such now (from LG tonefree 9s). Lots of annoying things but its nice to not need to carry my phone everywhere.

Last edited:
It would be excellent to have a modern device like this. Mines just awaiting its thick rear cover to be built, but it's expected to have something mental of at least a 7 day battery life whilst playing music. 2 efficiency cores, OLED display and simple software would be epic.

Back
Top Bottom