• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on the 3080ti

Soldato
And even on CPUs AMD is less than 20% - total.

It’s not that amd is selling cpus

It’s that people generally only upgrade their cpu once or twice each decade and so there is a crapload if systems out there still with old as 2500k intel cpus and those owners won’t upgrade anyway because those cpus rub 1080p 60 perfectly fine

Associate
And even on CPUs AMD is less than 20% - total.
People don't upgrade their machines every time a new processor family is released (unless they're on these forums :p). I'm still on my 6700K, and even then Iwon't be upgrading until it really starts to impact my gaming or I do something stupid and melt it via overclocking.

It'll take a few years for that to swing more towards AMD's favour as Ryzen gains more market penetration. They're doing very well so far I reckon looking at the trend, Intel will be worried.

Soldato
I'm surprised to see AMD basically down in the noise, only the RX 580 breaking 1% - and the top 40% clustered around the GTX 1060 - and all Nvidia.

Probably a lot got sucked into mining as I remember those were very expensive and hard to find anyway. Until big miners do sell them and if they'll end up in someones computer using Steam, they won't show up.

It’s not that amd is selling cpus

It’s that people generally only upgrade their cpu once or twice each decade and so there is a crapload if systems out there still with old as 2500k intel cpus and those owners won’t upgrade anyway because those cpus rub 1080p 60 perfectly fine

1080p, 4k, shouldn't really matter, unless you're going multi display or something ultra wide (so the rendered field of view changes).

Soldato
3080 ti would be a worthwhile upgrade from a 1080 ti - the 2080 is not scrathcing that itch and who knows maybe AMD will throw a spanner into nvidia's works as they are with intel.

Back
Top Bottom