Any of you buy Nano Technology coating for your car?

Associate
Associate
I have a sponsor for my photography business who do liquid phone screen protectors and apparently are reaching out into car treatments, They are due to be sending me some soon so will feedback when i try it. If their screen protection is anything to go by it looks promising! :)

Caporegime
No, not a respray. You'd need the paintwork decontaminating (removal of tar spots, traffic film, other particles/bodies that aren't visible to the eye, but you can feel), cutting back with a machine polisher to remove swirl marks and any blemishes (touching up if and where necessary), and potentially resealing with a synthetic sealant before applying the new coating.

Soldato
From new with a Gyeon coating. 9 months later and it still beads really well and is very easy to clean, especially the wheels . Happy.

31175132895_a2ac2fab7b.jpg

Associate
OP
No, not a respray. You'd need the paintwork decontaminating (removal of tar spots, traffic film, other particles/bodies that aren't visible to the eye, but you can feel), cutting back with a machine polisher to remove swirl marks and any blemishes (touching up if and where necessary), and potentially resealing with a synthetic sealant before applying the new coating.

what do you guys do? Get someone to do it or do it yourself? I know about that re-buff machine, but that's it. And if I pay someone to do this, is it expensive?

Associate
OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zE0rj8fbXQ

so this video just so happened to show up on the main page of my feed. This is a different ball game. Clear Bra. Essentially, if this is put on, then obviously you don't need those fancy liquid, bluffing machine, etc. And it's a glossy coat. And I would imagine it doesn't fade

To me, this seems to be a better choice, because you don't need to spent a few hr. on your car every 4 mth., like what paradigm said.

Sgarrista
Commissario
that bad? No, I remember there is a product that I've seen from Jay Leno's Garage that is some sort of shield. Let me see if I can dig out that product from his website

I looked at every film under the sun when looking for the GTR. At a distance many look good, but when you get up close, they all look crap.

Back
Top Bottom