• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any Reason to buy intel?

Associate
Hello,

My first post on this forum after lurking throughout the past few weeks and many heartbreaking product launches.

Wanted to ask, is there any reason to buy an intel CPU at this stage?

I was hoping to get a 5800x and a 6800xt and have failed on both accounts, no surprises there. But I'll admit I was fairly dissapointed by the 6800xt reviews that came out today, especially the performance gains offered by SAM seem to be non existant in some games, so it doesn't seem worth locking myself into the AMD eco system.

So anyway back to the 5800x, getting hold of one of those seems to be a far and distant dream, yet a few online retailers are currently selling the:

Intel Core i9 10900KF

for £440 a smiliar price to that of the 5800x performance wise, they seem to be pretty much on par, with the intel cpu sometimes coming out ontop in multicore performance.

Is buying an intel cpu at this time a terrible idea?

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom