• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any reason to upgrade a 1600x?

Associate
By the time you need a 3xxx(x) it'll be better priced than now.

Most places are currently citing 3600 as the sweet spot and so the price of it is creeping up.

Permabanned
Sorry - I meant the next generation of consoles, not the current gen. So 8c/16t Zen 2 @ 3.6 (assuming Flute is Scarlet).

I have seen the leaked specs but the my Google foo shows a lot of different core speeds so for now it's just speculation.

But even if we get a full speed 3700x in a console it will always have thermal problems

Associate
no one who plays it a lot and is decent plays it all ultra and so on.

With Ryzen upto 1440p a lot of us are still massively CPU bound on PUBG , makes no difference in terms of frame rate at that resolution or lower so personally I max it out , lowering the settings doesn't help me in performance with the machine or myself. I think a lot more that play it frequently and are still fairly good like myself ;) play it maxed out.

Caporegime
i think you should play it again after yesterdays patch. massive fps rework. also if you playing at 1440 ultra settings with high hz monitor you wouldnt be playing on lower end ryzens. you would be on a top end cpu. i can honestly say after 4000 hrs of pubg and playing with numerous people your are the first person i know of who plays pubg maxxed out.

Associate
At 1080p 60Hz, a CPU matters a lot as in lot of instances the game can become CPU bound when you have a decent graphics card.

Upgrading makes a lot of sense in this case.

At 4k however, most of the work is done by the GPU so the CPU takes a backseat. You will still get better minimum frame rates when moving to a better CPU. If you have a fressync monitor this doesnt matter much. If not, you would see a good improvement to how smooth games are.

Back
Top Bottom