Any thing better than 10gb for £10 Sim only?

Soldato
My Sky £40 TCB cashback never materialised. Just been pending for 6 months. Then again, I never seem to get many cashback deals honoured.

Just switched to Three as I was lucky to get the £10 unlimited everything (mistake deal) on August bank holiday.

Associate
My 3 contract has just come to an end (about 11gb data) and the skymobile contract seems a good replacement.

I'll speak to 3 'customer service' over the next couple of days (if they are not overwhelmed by the recent outage) to see if they can offer anything better, but are there any other good offers out there apart from skymobile?

Also, I'm not a Sky subscriber, would the "Unlimited streaming with any data plan of Sky Apps" be of any use to me?

But basically, for a data plan is the 10gb skymobile deal still the best option?

Man of Honour
If you want to find the best deals then check out https://www.simsherpa.com or https://www.cable.co.uk/mobiles

My Virgin Mobile one is up in December, 40GB a month for £16 so will look for something similar late November and see if VM will just renew the same deal. For the price it's unbeatable. Three don't have a deal that low for so much data either. Voxi work off Voda's network (they are a sub of Vodafone aimed at the younger customer) and seem good though but only have 3 tiers available. The thing I like about Voxi is all the biggest social media apps can be used without using up your data allowance, this includes Instagram which I use a lot and consume a few GB with each month alone.

The thing to note is all NVMOs will likely throttle your top speed on all their tiers. Only the main networks will give you maximum speed but usually only when you have a higher classed package. EE for example will limit you to 60Mbits download speeds unless you're on the higher data plans. I think only Three don't apply any throttling.

Virgin Mobile is 85Mb down and 35Mb up which is the fastest speeds I've seen so far for an MVNO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hold off if you can, all the black Friday deals will be out in month.
I was just coming on here to ask, are we confident there will be decent Sim Only BF deals? I know there are loads of contract deals but I've noticed they mostly involve phones.
I was all set for that Sky Mobile £10 deal but I had to wait until I entered my last month with O2 which was on Saturday. I now see the deal is gone :(

I need something that is (or piggybacks) on O2/Vodafone as the other networks are absolute pants here in N.I.

Back
Top Bottom