Anybody experienced with BMW Assist?

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Bought a 2020 S1000XR on the 26th March, broke down on the 14th April, was recovered in an hour, but then nothing. Eventually got through to the dealer who received it and they talked of bookings until June and couldn't give me a date to even look at the bike. End of conversion. Is this usual service for a warrantied and approved used product?

Ed

Ed

Soldato
OP
Roadside Assistance | BMW Motorrad UK (bmw-motorrad.co.uk)

According to this they should be providing you with a courtesy bike until yours is repaired then... I would be calling the main BMW Assist number and kicking up a fuss if that was the attitude from that dealer.
That's my understanding, direct from their Onward Mobility section. Really hard to get hold of service to determine a date to even look at it. I'll keep pushing BMW Central.

Associate
I've had a fair bit of experience with BMW Assist :).

The times I've needed transport they've (BMW Assist, not dealer) provided me with an Enterprise car as they were (2019 ish last time) using them for the vehicles and they don't do bikes. At least in my area. The car was always a 320d auto.

I always found BMW Assist user experience pretty decent. Used for a puncture, 2 rear drive failures, possibly a starting issue.

EDIT: Of course, when I've needed warranty work where I can still ride the bike in, then BMW Assist weren't involved and the garage always gave me a bike to use. Maybe that's just my place and I could have had a delightful 320d again :p.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
OP
I suspect it's just this one dealer holding everything up. I've asked another dealer to sort it and they're hot in the case. It's still nearly two weeks with no news and no service though :(

Associate
Yeah I always found this period busy as the rich OAPs get their GSs and assorted hardly used bikes out of hibernation :p.

In future try to only break down in autumn and winter!

Ed

Ed

Soldato
OP
Three weeks and a new clutch later, bike is now awesome again.

Looks like it's been slipping since new, so was fixed for free.

Back
Top Bottom