anybody own ASUS ROG Swift PG48UQ, OLED monitor?

Soldato
hi all

was wondering if anyone owns a ASUS ROG Swift PG48UQ, OLED monitor?

just have a few questions please,

1)how far do you sit from the monitor appx.
2) how do you find text on pc? is small text clear and do you notice ant text fringing ?
3) how is the matt coating on the monitor? are Colours still vibrant?

this is going to be my first oled monitor mainly programming/gaming and have narrowed it to either 42" LG oles, 48" Asus oles or thinking of going crazy and trying a Samsung s90c 55" and sitting further back. currently have a 32" 2500x1600 monitor which gives me a ppi of ~90 and its good text quality but not best. My brothers 27" 4k monitor has CRISP text with ppi ~ 160 but too smsll. was thinking of 57" odessy neo g9 but I don't want lcd tbh as my oled tv has spoilt me. So the Asus 48" oled with ppi of ~90 seems like a good compromise. At one point was considering a Samsung 55" 8k lcd but decided not too even though text on it are RAZOR sharp.

thanks all

Last edited:
Soldato
I would hold on if i was you, we have lots of new OLED monitors coming out this year especially in the 4k 32" size with ppi of 137 and 240hz and a new pixel layout for improved text clarity.

I have used an LG 48" CX OLED but found it to big for desktop use so i mounted it above my current monitor a DWF and just use it for some games and entertainment.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I would hold on if i was you, we have lots of new OLED monitors coming out this year especially in the 4k 32" size with ppi of 137 and 240hz and a new pixel layout for improved text clarity.

I have used an LG 48" CX OLED but found it to big for desktop use so i mounted it above my current monitor a DWF and just use it for some games and entertainment.
lol I am trying my best:D, but desperately need a new monitor. I am assuming most release will be March/april onwards, can most probably wait till then but not much longer.

Associate
I have the PG42 and have it about 2 foot away and it's perfect. The matt coating is only slight and I do not have any issues with the clarity, vibrancy. I would prefer full glossy but it's not an issue on this monitor. I have no issues with text clarity at all and I'm using scaling on 125%. If fact, the text is the best I've seen, even beating my IPS monitor.

Why do you want the 48". I found 48 to be to big.

Soldato
OP
I have the PG42 and have it about 2 foot away and it's perfect. The matt coating is only slight and I do not have any issues with the clarity, vibrancy. I would prefer full glossy but it's not an issue on this monitor. I have no issues with text clarity at all and I'm using scaling on 125%. If fact, the text is the best I've seen, even beating my IPS monitor.

Why do you want the 48". I found 48 to be to big.

thanks for that, my desk is longer than yours at almost 90cm and the larger size was appealing as my eyesight is terrible i prefer to have large text on monitors its much more comfortable but it does chew up usable space.
I really wanted the 57" Samsung neo g9 but I am not paying £2200 for LCD monitor no matte how many dimming zones. My oled tv has made it hard to go back to lcd. I think when Samsung make an oled version of their 57" g9 it will sell like there's no tomorrow, but can't wait that long so if the 48" Asus drops in price ill take it, asus are asking too much for 2 year old monitor, otherwise will pick up a 48" LG c3/c2.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I feel the same, need a new large monitor, get rid of all the 27`
I think the Samsung nor 57" neo g9 would be perfect if you have several 27" monitor replacement. It has just about enough height and great width, its like two 32" 4k monitors side by side. If you can stomach the price and don't mind LCD its worth. This is what my brother going to buy to replace his 3x 24" monitors. the 49" oled Samsung neo g9 is just too narrow height wise and the curve is not great on it. 57" has much better curve.

Back
Top Bottom