Anybody still use an ntlworld. Com address?

Associate
OP
Yeah I always use to have it just forward to my Gmail account.... And then only noticed recently when I was trying to reset my steam account. Strange.

Time to move on lol..... Bit like a license plate you gt used to the same one.

Associate
OP
If I send an email to myself at ntlworld is fails... Also the Virgin.net one that I've had for ever.

Having to change emails as I find out. It must be recently because banking was used by this ntlworld email and was working.

Soldato
I still use ntlworld.com addresses for 20 years

if your having issues then it could be just server issues they sometimes have.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Strange..... I'm not even sure of the passwords for the accounts now. I remember just setting them up to forward to my Gmail. Will have a poke around.
Time to clear up and just use Gmail or whatever I guess now.

Soldato
Yep, I have one.

People can still use them but they don't give them out anymore. Not sure how it all works but you can use the @virginmedia.com server settings for ntlworld email addresses.

Associate
OP
Changing accounts as I find them.
Have never logged in for ages.. Just had email forwarded to Gmail. Probably not the best idea ever... But you know when you don't want 20 email accounts.

Soldato
VM, in common with most other ISP's do this by setting up the @ntlworld.com address as an alias on the mailbox whenever migrating to a new primary domain. They don't hand them out to new customers, but old customers still get to keep them.

For the ISP it is a pain, but nothing compared to the pain they would get when hundreds of thousands of customers can't receive emails.

Back
Top Bottom