Anyone a sky engineer?

Soldato
Anyone on this forum or anyones other half a Sky Engineer (The ones who install sky boxes and broadband etc)

If so what is your basic salary and what do you normally get in your packet including bonuses?

Finally how does the company van system work, are you only authorised to use it if working that day and during your working hours etc?

Cheers

Associate
nutcase_1uk said:
Hardly an "engineer", "installation tech" is probably still pushing it.

There called engineers. Had one round today. Seemed very well educated and knew a lot about his field including the company. Clearly loved his job, and im not suprised, he opened up and some of his perks and omg there crazy, free tele, free broadband, free phone.

Soldato
Kol said:
Tesla has done work for them.
Hi, I sub-contracted to them last summer so I don't really know the in's and outs of how they pay directly. Sub contracting wasn't really worth it though.

I did stop and chat to a Sky installer once though and he was on about £22k I think after all the bonus and stuff. Plus little jobs on the side...

There is a HUGE waiting time to end up working for Sky. I know of people who wait over 12months! Don't subcontract through one of the other big players Sky use (cobra, firstline etc.) as it's a joke- I found out the hard way!

The_One, is satellite work something you have done before?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tesla is quite right - DONT sub contract and yes the Sky engineers are fairly well paid.

After the initial trial period is passed Sky employees are entitled to Free Sky+ (top package), Free Sky Broadband, Free Bupa healthcare and an excellent pension plan :D

Associate
Mate, positions probably doesn't matter as much as last time.

Nowadays a warehouse stock dude is called Stock administrator/officer.

Office boy ( those who goes out and buys coffe/sandwiches for bosses ) are called Operational Administrator or whatever.

Lol, cause these titles apparently give them some kind of a feeling.

Soldato
lol, I love seeing the people that like to think there better than others because of the job they do.

For example. the cleaning woman at your work you probably look down at them and go meh, well they are just as important as you are. a decent Job titles probably makes those people feel a little happier and more valued in there company. (sorry little rant)

Anyway back on topic. Free tv full pack, bband, phone, bupa, massive discounts on a lot of other things, dental plan, counselling services. along with around 22k plus bonuses. Decent overtime pay. company van

Its a decent job as I know a few engineers and our in house engineers are trained to very high standards.

Although as said 3rd part eg. cobra are usually not as good to work for.

soneafifer u know I want a van :D

Soldato
DAvE18 said:
lol, I love seeing the people that like to think there better than others because of the job they do.

For example. the cleaning woman at your work you probably look down at them and go meh, well they are just as important as you are. a decent Job titles probably makes those people feel a little happier and more valued in there company.

Anyway back on topic. Free tv full pack, bband, phone, bupa, massive discounts on a lot of other things, dental plan, counselling services. along with around 22k plus bonuses. Decent overtime pay. company van

Its a decent job as I know a few engineers and our in house engineers are trained to very high standards.

soneafifer u know I want a van :D

Dont forget the obligatory copy of "The Sun" and the "Stephens Steak Bridie" ;)

Back
Top Bottom