Anyone been down gaping gill?

Soldato
Assuming you're going down on one of the club weekends where they set up a winch?

Trainers would be fine, I think you can basically wear what you want but personally I'd avoid jeans because they won't be that comfortable to walk up in and if they get wet they'll be nasty to wear.

I think bringing waterproof jacket and trousers is a good idea too (there are still some drips when you go down even though the stream gets diverted), although I think last time I went they had some that you could borrow.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Assuming you're going down on one of the club weekends where they set up a winch?

Trainers would be fine, I think you can basically wear what you want but personally I'd avoid jeans because they won't be that comfortable to walk up in and if they get wet they'll be nasty to wear.

I think bringing waterproof jacket and trousers is a good idea too (there are still some drips when you go down even though the stream gets diverted), although I think last time I went they had some that you could borrow.
Yeah saw the winch thing, any idea how much it is?

What happens at the bottom just a guided tour?

Soldato
Yeah saw the winch thing, any idea how much it is?

What happens at the bottom just a guided tour?
I think it's £20 per person now, not sure though. I think I've heard the Bradford Pothole Club (doing it at the moment) basically just drop you at the bottom, whereas when I went down with the Craven Pothole Club (they do a week in August) a club member would tell you a bit about the cave.

It's been quite a few years since I went down so might be different now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom