Anyone else find the layout of gmail infuriating?

Soldato
I'm sitting here using gmail a lot. Big emails, multiple people, reply all, reply to one person, etc.

........i'm finding it unbelievably hard to use!! t's the way it smashes a big email trail into one, has replies at the top & bottom, you can draft an email at any point and it will just stay there.

Anyone else siting there thinking where the hell it all went wrong?

First time ever that i'm seriously considering going back to hotmail!!!

Anyone else find this?

Permabanned
I hate it, I prefer dropping stuff into folders and haven't got used to their way of organising.

However I do like being able to store thousands of emails and not coming back to Hotmails annoying policy of deleting accounts if you don't use them all the time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
GMail's way or organising is simple and functional though and you can drag and drop into folders (labels)!

The main thing I like about it is that the layout more or less reflects how I see emails on my phone too as the label usage.

Soldato
I find it odd that when going back through old conversations, it only has forward and back stuff at the top, you can't select older mail only at the top, yet you've already scrolled all the way to the bottom.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's simply awesome, by far the best webmail service. Don't get how anyone doesn't like it?!

They have actually just made some significant changes to the compose/reply bits.

Exactly what this man says 100%!

Also, did you know the little dialogue boxes that pop up in GMail can be dragged?

It's a completely pointless thing of course but it amused me to no end :D

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I'm sitting here using gmail a lot. Big emails, multiple people, reply all, reply to one person, etc.

........i'm finding it unbelievably hard to use!! t's the way it smashes a big email trail into one, has replies at the top & bottom, you can draft an email at any point and it will just stay there.

Anyone else siting there thinking where the hell it all went wrong?

First time ever that i'm seriously considering going back to hotmail!!!

Anyone else find this?

Yup its a bit crap, guess thats why android isnt so user friendly. Should have let apple design it :p

Man of Honour
Just this last week I've decided to use my Gmail account with my ntlworld email also coming through it. It isn't as nice as Outlook but I'm going to stick with it because of all the other Google stuff I use on my SGS3.
However, how do I get my Outlook Contacts into Gmail?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
i wish it had a delete function (like hotmail) next to the actual mail instead of having to select individual mails.

You could do what I do, enable keyboard shortcuts in settings/labs and also enable right click preview, that way you can right click any email and delete it without having to scroll to the top, but even so the top bar is static, you scroll and it stays on screen so no need to scroll all the way to the top to delete stuff.

amazoncode.jpg

Just this last week I've decided to use my Gmail account with my ntlworld email also coming through it. It isn't as nice as Outlook but I'm going to stick with it because of all the other Google stuff I use on my SGS3.
However, how do I get my Outlook Contacts into Gmail?

You can export Outlook contacts to CSV then import that file into Gmail using the Import dialogue in the Contacts screen:

gmailimport.jpg

Which dialogue boxes?! lol

See screeny above :p

Back
Top Bottom