• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone else have a P4 930?

Soldato
I just bought one of these the other day and while overclocking it I can only manage to increase it from a stock 200 to 222 (3.33GHz) and after that it locks up.

Are there other BIOS Tweaks that I can do to make it increase further without locking?

Has anyone had these any further than this??

Permabanned
have you tried running it on a divider to the memory? i.e. rather than a ratio of 1:1.

It should be able to clock more than that. Ive had mine upto about 3.8ghz.

Soldato
OP
Mr Mister said:
have you tried running it on a divider to the memory? i.e. rather than a ratio of 1:1.

It should be able to clock more than that. Ive had mine upto about 3.8ghz.

I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to running it on a divider.

Could you give me some tips please? :)

Permabanned
not sure on the msi motherboard you have but on my abit you can choose the run the memory at a slower speed than the fsb of the cpu.

It may appear as a ratio to cpu or it may be that you set the ram to run at a speed that is slower than it is rated, then increase the fsb.

Soldato
Cpu voltage (vcore)?
Increase the volts the cpu is getting.
Watch for temps tho the p D are very hot dont let it go above 65.
I'd say 1.525 V max 1.475 V to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom