Poll: Anyone else have an irrational hatred for RGB?

RGeeBeeeeeeee!

• 1. Pancake with Raspberries

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • 2. Pancake with Goji Berries

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 3. Pancake with Blueberries

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • 4. U Wot M8?

Votes: 30 48.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
OP meant to get super hyper about his flashing disco computer in the Hardware forum and somehow got a poll in GD.

:D @Maccy

e: it now appears to be in General Hardware lol :confused:

This is a General Discussion about the trend and fashion of RGB anything as there are too many to list , it has nothing specifically to do with computer hardware or how LED technology works .

RGB sports shoes , watches , clothes , clocks , toys , drones , fish tanks , car & truck , table lamps and even RGB osram lighting at bars and restaurants to name a few.

Caporegime
I don't mind it if used in moderation/sparingly. The industry does seem to have gone full throttle with it over the last few years, though.

Associate
I don't mind it if used in moderation/sparingly. The industry does seem to have gone full throttle with it over the last few years, though.
Definitely agree with that. There are a few builds that look good with it but personally I'd never use it - I prefer two tone designs (currently Black + Red) but more recently I started to think an all black PC is a lot nicer, though I don't really want to change my case when I upgrade my build.

Soldato
I wish it was easier to buy components that didn't have all the RGB included. Everything that's high-end these days seems to have it.
Some setups look great with it, but it's just not for me.

Soldato
I love that RGB allows for customisable case lighting. Being able to swap from a blue theme to a red or green theme without having to swap out all of the lighting is great. And some of the effects can be nice.

On the other hand, most people use it to create a rainbow vomit theme, complete with strobing lights. I'm not keen on that at all (most of the time; I've seen some nice examples).

Associate
I wouldn't say I hate RGB, I've just...never really seen the point*. Illuminated keyboard/mouse? Sure, if I'm anticipating needing to use the system in low light. Illumination on the power and reset switches? Same idea and I'm surprised we don't see that from case manufacturers.

But for aesthetics? No, not getting it.

*: Yes, that's an appalling pun. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom