Anyone else limit their max battery level to 85% & use ONLY slow charging?

Soldato
I recently bought a Samsung S22 Plus. One of the features is to limit battery charge to 85% and use slow charging.

The hope is to preserve battery health, but I'm wondering if this is in vain?

Any thoughts?

Soldato
I would have thought it would depend on how long you expect to keep it.

If considerably more than 2 years then I'd probably be trying to manage battery health, perhaps in that way, if not then I probably wouldn't bother.

Soldato
As said it will help in the long run a little, however 25W PPS charging is hardly that taxing on the battery system. Use it when you need it.

Anything that causes your battery excessive heat is harming its health.

Soldato
Yeah, I have an 80% cap and mostly charge at <5W. Problem is that I hammer the battery playing pokemon go so much that it usually needs multiple top ups throughout the day wearing out the charge port.

I only upgraded my Nokia 8 cause the battery was pretty done after 3 years.

Soldato
I don't cap mine as there's no option, but I do use a 'regular' charger overnight rather than the fast charger OnePlus supplied. Unless I actually need to charge it fast, of course.

Associate
I usually go to 100%....think mines 18watt charging.
It's well over 2 years old and still lasts the best part of 2 days between charges with 10 hours screen time

Soldato
I try to charge to 80% but I'm not religious about it.

My phone is 4 and a bit years old now, accubattery states 92% battery health but I don't believe it personally, just from how it "feels" I reckon more like 70%.

I think turning your phone off overnight instead of leaving it on and charging helps.

Back
Top Bottom