Anyone ever worked as a multi drop courier ( what ****** you off about this job)

Caporegime
I have a strong suspicion that amazon are not the only ones that have additional conditions for alcohol.

If you blind deliver alcohol you're open to being done for selling to minors.

A signature does not provide age verification, I've ordered alcohol before and my 16 year old cousin who was in at the time signed for it. It's absolutely pointless unless the postman asks for proof of id.

Soldato
A signature does not provide age verification, I've ordered alcohol before and my 16 year old cousin who was in at the time signed for it. It's absolutely pointless unless the postman asks for proof of id.

I know at least one supermarket doing online deliveries will withhold alcohol if they don't see proof of age if appropriate when they are delivering.

Maybe trading standards and or smaller companies don't bother about it.

Caporegime
Yeah, considering that the vast majority of Amazon purchases of alcohol are effectively age verified via credit card and the legal drinking age at home is 5 years old the small number of minors ordering it online probably isn't something that trading standards are particularly bothered about.

Sgarrista
Commissario
if she's busy with customers she would make you wait for 10 customers before she lifts her gelatine scratcher to shoulder height and open the latch

I would just leave, come back the next day and so on until you get prompt attention. Customers wont mind waiting an extra 5 seconds while they let you do your job to deliver / collect their parcels.

Man of Honour
There's a guy who works for one of the big couriers who comes into our office, hangs around for ages, makes loads of annoying, over familiar and distracting banter with other staff then leaves sometimes 10 minutes later.

I don't engage but I always wonder how he has time for this.
Probably has a fairly quiet round.

Soldato
I've been working for RM for over 10 years, the last 6 on my own delivery and there are around 15 people who are the the most cheeky and awkward complaining customer i've ever met.

I thought i had figured out who the idiots are by now but the list keeps getting bigger, needless to say i NEVER do them any favours, if you are in and you hear me at the door you will get your mail/parcels, if not you get a card.

Associate
Yeah especially around Christmas when you are trying to leave with neighbor or a designated safe place, safe to say I rather docket now than leaving it behind anywhere and risk a 'missing' parcel.

Man of Honour
I've been working for RM for over 10 years, the last 6 on my own delivery and there are around 15 people who are the the most cheeky and awkward complaining customer i've ever met.

I thought i had figured out who the idiots are by now but the list keeps getting bigger, needless to say i NEVER do them any favours, if you are in and you hear me at the door you will get your mail/parcels, if not you get a card.

I had an Amazon delivery guy few days ago asking if it was OK to leave parcels in our porch (its secured) if we aren't in - apparently a couple of people in our area lost their ******* minds when he did it despite having it set as a safe place. I was wondering why they'd stopped just leaving them there.

Soldato
Having known a few people who have done this kind of work it Seems like it might have been a decent enough job years ago when people could actually earn a decent wage but now with the high demand and hundreds of companies and Amazon saturating the market with all its “ self employed” use your own car and earn less than minimum wage delivery workers it’s just not a good job anymore.
The stress on drivers now is ridiculous as they literally have to drop 100’s of parcels every day due to the ever growing online shopping culture.
The rate it’s going in another 5-10 years time the roads will be even more congested with all the delivery drivers trying to meet demand which then makes the roads more dangerous when you get angry frustrated delivery guys driving dangerously to meet there targets.
Customers don’t think about what a driver has to put up with like all the people who order Christmas presents a few days before Christmas and then expect it to get delivered on perfect time despite the fact the weather and conditions mixed with busy holiday traffic grind all the drivers to a standstill.
Sometimes it’s fsr easier to go to the shop and buy it but people are far too lazy for that these days

Soldato
Multi drop work is terrible... Customers want to be able to send a parcel from lands end to john 'o groats for £6 and bitch and moan when it gets chucked over their gate when they aren't in........

I try to bunch up all my deliveries so at least my parcel carrier gets a nice parcel drop price for my house...

Soldato
Multi drop work is terrible... Customers want to be able to send a parcel from lands end to john 'o groats for £6 and bitch and moan when it gets chucked over their gate when they aren't in........

I try to bunch up all my deliveries so at least my parcel carrier gets a nice parcel drop price for my house...

Some of the carriers only pay per collection location now and not on a number of parcels. For example one of our carriers drivers who is self-employed gets paid £x no matter if we have 1 parcel or 100 parcels to collect. For us that means he will only take a few and not the full lot - leaves the others for another driver.

Soldato
My last years of working were as a delivery driver around the Borders of Scotland so I could have 10/20 miles between drops, loved the job, always did my best to give a good service and if I was delayed a few minutes by someone wanting a bit of human company for a short while, so be it.
Far to much whinging in the world these days.

Soldato
Oh and one more thing, named properties, are an absolute ball ache.
Problem that drives me nuts is many of the named properties over here doesn't actually have there name written anywhere...:mad:

Or you need to completely drive up there drive way to the house to see it or find it buried behind brushes etc..

Back
Top Bottom