anyone familiar with sysprep?

Associate
i've installed all the drivers in sysprep audit mode (CTRL+SHIFT+F3). after reboot i then normally use Macrium recure USB disk to create image of the harddrive. but you need run Macrium recure USB disk again to restore the image to a new hard drive.

is there a better method, like after you insert the USB then it install everything automatically, just like a real windows usb boot disk?

thanks

Associate
OP
i build laptops. i want to make a custom windows 10 recovery USB with all the drivers. Just in case if the users decide to reinstall windows.
just like OEM Windows recovery disc, come preinstalled drivers.

Soldato
these dont work well with all drivers. some drivers require installation.

Yes NTLite work fine with all type of drivers and apps include drivers and apps require installation.

You really don't need WinPE so you can do it with NTLite after loaded install.esd or install.wim then click on Post-Setup at left column and drag to drop any drivers and apps which require installation into NTLite and then put "-s" or "/s" in parameters so that it will perform silent installation during post setup. To install VLC you will need to add /L=1033 /S, L is language and 1033 is English.

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Installing_VLC/#2000.2C_XP.2C_Vista.2C_7.2C_8

NTLite worked wonderfully with any drivers and apps. I created custom install.wim on NTLite to installed Windows 10 with Intel IGPU driver & Intel Control Panel app, Intel chipset driver, Nvidia GPU driver, Nvidia HD Audio, Geforce Experience, PhysX & Nvidia Control Panel and Google Chrome browser, VLC etc. :)

If you find NTLite that install drivers and apps during post setup not worked well for you if you cant find the correct drivers and apps parameters for post setup so you could do it with a Windows 10.iso OOBE installation in sysprep audit mode [CTRL+SHIFT+F3] to reboot and install all drivers and apps you want then run sysprep and restart to go back to Windows Setup and press [SHIFT+F10] to open Command Prompt and enter DISM example command to capture Windows 10 installation image: DISM /capture-image /imagefile:install.wim /capturedir:C:\ /name:Windows10Custom and then you can put new custom created install.wim into Windows USB stick to replace default install.wim file.

Seem DISM are easy job to capture Windows 10 image so you don't have to capture image and then restore image again in Macrium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom