Anyone for another.... (BOTW mk2)

Caporegime
Ok I know the first competition hasn't yet finished but I'm posting this thread to gauge interest in the next Beers of the World competition. I'm expecting a few regulars to signup again but also looking to see if any new people wish to take part :)

The only requirements are that your 18+ years of age as the purchase of alcohol will be necessary and you also have the ability to join in with the laughs along the way :) No set start date or format yet but if you're interested this is your chance to get your name down.

Caporegime
OP
neil3k
Ahleckz
Mike306
~Divine~Wind~
f00b4r
Sonea_Fifer
Mrs_Seabiscuit
Seabiscuit
aceface57
sports_brah
cheechm
_Andyh_
K.C. Leblanc
PapaLazaru
J1234
BlackCoat2k10
Marvt74
J-FRO
Windle
pingwing
silent
Kanifee
robfosters
Raptor
Jokester
bsoltan
lordfilbuster
Repta
Moobert

1) A - Ale
2) B - Blonde
3) C - Cider
4) D - Draught
5) E - Export
6) F - Fruit (fruit based beer)
7) G - Green (Organic beer)
8) H - Human (body parts featured beer)
9) I - IPA
10) J - Just (about any beer 5.1% - 5.6%)
11) K - King (any King featured beer name)
12) L - Lager
13) M - Multiple Choice (vote for your country of choice)
14) N - Numbered ( 60/ 70/ 80/ shilling beer)
15) O - Oak Aged beer (cask)
16) P - Porter
17) Q - Quote (Any beer NOT CIDER that has been used in the comp. to date BUT NOT by yourself)
18) R - Red (Ale)
19) S - Stout
20) T - The (Bitter round)
21) U - U.K. - Scrabble points round
22) V - Value (beer selected from 4 popular supermarkets)
23) W - Wheat beer
24) X - Number (number featured beer name)
25) Y - Ye Olde (old world worded beer name)
26) Z - Zoo (animal featured beer name)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If I can work out how to post photos (oh the shame of not having done so in years...) then I'd like to join.

Don't worry, all you have to do is take a picture and email it (competition email address will be supplied later) as an attachment ;)

Everybody added so far, keep them coming :)

Caporegime
OP
I'm in, as long as it is more accessible. I had great fun trying to source beers from stores (like Korea), but I buckled at one point and ordered online from where a lot of us did which kind of spoiled the fun and hurt my wallet too much. The amount of speculative countries beers I ordered was ridiculous.

You loved it you greedy piggie :p:D

List updated :)

Caporegime
OP
I'm out, not playing this time I'm on the wagon for the indefinite future.

Disappointed :( but hope everything is ok? Also what happens if you win this Saturday, there is beer lined up as prizes?

I'm in on this round if you'll have me chaps.

Can somebody explain a little more of the format etc for me please? Also, for those worried about missing the thread, subscribe to it! :)

Good call on subscribing :) Format still has to be decided ie. countries, beer types combo of both maybe etc etc but Ahleckz has pretty much nailed everything else. If in any doubt ask in main thread pinned at top of forum, oh nad have a read through page 1 of same thread ;)

Caporegime
OP
I'll find a home for any prize :p don't worry about that ;)

I've spent the last 17 years drinking and completed Dryathlon last month, lost 7kg and felt great, had a drink on Saturday night and felt terrible, just rethinking my drinking habits this year.

I'll happily help out in any way.

Ok glad to hear everything is ok and prizes put back unopened... ;)

Cheers for the offer too, depending on numbers this time round I might take you up on it!

List updated (first page) and keep them coming :)

Caporegime
OP
Sounds like a very expensive round unfortunatley
there some high 'teen % beers availabel but they aint the cheapest of bottles.

Think the highest % I did last round was about 10% ish and some of those were the best part of £4 a bottle

Couldn't agree more mate, and in some cases (no pun) the price is just ridiculous. Now having said that I still like the idea of including a percentage round or two, though doesn't mean they have to be high :)

Caporegime
OP
Yeah could be a specific % e.g V = 5 x = 10

Those were some of the letters we had to be creative with last time too anyway werent they?

My thoughts are keep what we already have, as in countries (and some special rounds) but also incorporate the other ideas ie. Beer types with lager, stout, IPA etc etc and maybe even a cider round! Oh and yes % specific rounds.

Another thing that will change slightly is the points system.... at present I'd just like to add a 1 point for a valid beer entry, this would be added to whatever score the person achieved ie. the only beer entered = 3 plus 1 point for vaild entry = 4 points max. This means if someone ends up with 3rd most poular choice they still get a point for making the effort over someone that doesn't bother.

Once again NOTHING set in stone yet!

Caporegime
OP
Ok I've posted an idea (page 1 of this thread) for what the next competition will be about.... it's ONLY an idea at this stage and your input is most welcome... :)

Caporegime
OP
Good idea, but just worried that the categories may be a bit too niche and everyone will end up with the same beer.

Oooh have you looked around yet ;) The choices out there are plentiful :)

Yes ok some selections may not have as much choice as others but compared to say Korea in the last competition it is nothing near as bad.

Caporegime
OP
That looks pretty good. I know previously there were votes week to week, but if you know what the category is what is the voting for?

Presently the only round that requires voting is M for Multiple (as in choice) which will be for whichever country you would like to play (highest vote is chosen). U.K. may be a voting round too.... still undecided.

If people want more voting then let me know and it will be looked at :)

Caporegime
OP
Get rid of A = Ale. Too vague, though unsure what could go in its place. Just seems odd to have Ale & then IPA, Blonde, Export, Red and so on which are all Ales also.

And, L = Lambic would be more interesting I reckon.

Would you rather have A - Alcohol free :p

If it has an Ale ONLY in the beer name then I'd deem that to be fine?

Back
Top Bottom