Anyone gone from 32" 4k IPS to 34" Curved OLED?

Associate
My 7 year old BenQ BL3201PT 4k IPS panel is showing its age with some artefacts on the screen so thinking of a new monitor.

Recently updated my PC which now has a 4070ti inside and I see OLED monitors are now arriving.

My usage is mainly office work, photo and video editing and gaming. I'm in front of the screen typically 10-12hrs a day. I see the Alienware DWF OLED getting rave reviews, would like to hear any perspectives on

- If you went from flat 16:9 to curved ultrawide, did you miss the height?
- Is curved ultrawide useful for day long office work? (I'm home based and have used a 34" UW in an office we have while visiting and found it much 'smaller'. But then that was only 3 or 4 times, not sure if I'd get used to it permanently)
- Priced about the same as the DWF is the MSI MPG Optix 32" 4k IPS gaming panel that seems to have good reviews. which would you take, the OLED DWF or Optix IPS?
- In practical terms, would going to a 1440 from a 2160 be noticeable and a backward step?
- Will 8-10hrs/pd of windows based work eventually result in burn-in on an OLED? ( I like my LG OLED TV BTW but it got burn in after 3.5 years and cost me £300 for a repair, which was essentially a new screen)
- Apologies for a noddy question, does 144Hz make much difference in office work? (My BenQ is 60Hz and I never seen a 120Hz/144Hz monitor outside of gaming)

Any thoughts, comments, answers, experiences on these questions would be greatly received!

Thanks

Associate
If you're only doing office work, then an OLED is a waste of money, to be honest. I use a 34-inch OLED for everything, work, content, and gaming so I get the best out of it. I did have a 27-inch 4k monitor prior to that (144hz) but I really wanted an OLED so I sold that and bought the Alienware DW (not the DWF which is similar). The refresh rate change from 60 to 120/144Hz, however, will be noticeable even when using it on a desktop, and for productivity, which I can definitely recommend trying out.

Associate
I just checked my 32" BenQ, it's the same model as yours, it gives me headaches so much so that I wish I'd kept my 27" Dell. I have the display set at 150% which helps a bit.

I had my eye on the Alienware model too but think the vertical size would disappoint me a little. I use photoshop too and can't imagine editing photos on a bendy monitor.

Bet games would look great though! I've never seen anything running on one of these 120/144Hz screens, I wonder if people would say there's less eye strain with them?

Good luck with your choice, I'm still a bit undecided what to do.

Back
Top Bottom