Anyone got a BBQ hut ?

Associate
Well I was meant to be on holiday in Mauritius for 2 weeks at the moment.

I'm getting my cash back so I've been thinking of spending some of it on a BBQ hut.
Has anyone got one?
I'd be interested in other premium outdoor cabins if anyone has any recomendations?
The BBQ option is a must though.
Can spend up to £8k.
It's going in my front garden near a neighbour boundary, so has to comply with planning laws.
Also tempted to build something similar myself but better & cheaper.(probably answering my own question!)

Last edited:
Associate

I'm getting my cash back so I've been thinking of spending some of it on a BBQ hut.
Has anyone got one?
I'd be interested in other premium outdoor cabins if anyone has any recomendations?
Can spend up to £8k.
It's going in my front garden near a neighbour boundary, so has to comply with planning laws.
Also tempted to build something similar myself but better & cheaper.(probably answering my own question!)

If you are placing it in your front garden it will probably be forward of the principle elevation of the dwelling house and therefore not benefit from planning permission by virtue of The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 and therefore you will need express planning permission from your Local Planning Authority (LPA).

I'm a Planning Enforcement Officer for a LPA, although not doing a lot at the moment due to lockdown.

Looks cool though

Associate
OP
Thanks for the post Gredawarha,

Yes I had thought that may be the case as I know there are much more restrictions on the front.
Next door have put up an around a 10 mtr2 plus log cabin shed out the front, which has been up for a few year which they have no planning for.
Houses have 30 mtr plus front gardens & it would be hidden by existing landscaping, so I'm hoping it wouldn't be a problem.
I know councils are twitchy about front gardens though.
A bored LPA officer advice is greatly appreciated!

It could go up the back of my garden if any permission was refused.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Next door have put up an around a 10 mtr2 plus log cabin shed out the front, which has been up for a few year which they have no planning for.

Well it shouldn't be there. You can't even put a 6x4 shed in a front garden.

Soldato

Has anyone got one?
Can spend up to £8k.

Once its all sorted let me know, i'll bring the sausages :D

Man of Honour
Seems like a slightly limited option re cooking. I would rather have an outdoor kitched set up with decent coal and gas bbqs, pizza oven and so on personally. To each their own though.

Seems like a slightly limited option re cooking. I would rather have an outdoor kitched set up with decent coal and gas bbqs, pizza oven and so on personally. To each their own though.
me feelings too. if you're planning to self build i'd look to make it so that the bbq is perhaps "outside" but accessible from the inside if you want inside cooking. Would be a shame to have that great space that not only limits what you can cook inside using it, but also ends up smelling a bit bbqy.

also isn't bbq partly made great as you're cooking your manly meat while outside basking in the sun?

each to their own of course, i just feel you'd do better looking at other options. my step dad for instance has a nice big bbq outside but built up around it and has a cover that can easily come out to make him and the bbq much more covered. we've had bbqs in pouring summer rain and he was super happy as he was kept dry while still outside

Associate
My dad has one of these. Its brilliant. I've only been back home a handful of times since he got it but he uses it a lot, the great thing being that it is useful all year round, not just in the summer (yeah I know you can bbq in the winter outside but how enjoyable is that really?) He does have an outdoor seating area adjacent to it so in the summer you can sit outside as well. I would recommend getting someone who knows what they are doing to put it together though. He got some guys that were round doing some other work at the same time to put it up rather than pay a bit extra for the manufacturer to build it upon delivery. A decision he later regretted when it transpired to be a bit more difficult to assemble than it looked!

Caporegime
why not just buy a normal BBQ and a normal summer house? maybe even get a toilet installed with a DIY job.

basically a BBQ hut is stupid as you will always have the BBQ in the middle. i would want a pool table or the option to play poker, etc.

also smoke indoors, i get there is a vent but i know how BBQ's work most of the time.

i already have a pizza oven and a bbq. i would like a summer house but no way would i want them inside the summer house.

hell even a hot tub inside the summer house would be a better option

Back
Top Bottom