Anyone got ntl 10mb?

Hiya mate

£25 per month for 10mb Broadband, phone line rental with FREE local and national calls anytime.

I have been a customer for six years though!

Get on that phone and say your leaving for Pipex.

Cheers :)

If you ring them up and say you want to leave as it is to expensive they will probably upgrade you to 10mb for free, paying the same monthly cost. However £24.99 is there standard price for 4mb so you are not being overcharged as such.

County said:
Hiya mate

£25 per month for 10mb Broadband, phone line rental with FREE local and national calls anytime.

I have been a customer for six years though!

Get on that phone and say your leaving for Pipex.

You sure about that figure ? Sounds very low. I've been a customer for 7 years, when they weren't NTL. 10mb broadband is 34.99 alone, phone line rental is £11. Can't remember how much i pay for free local/national calls anytime but if you're only paying £25 in total for all that then i suspect they are making a mistake and not charging you correctly.

Its just i have an offer from orange where its 8mb unlimited gb for just £10 a month, and then there is the sky offers out (forgoten their one though) and even pipex have a better offer of 8mb for £25 a month, so i was wondering if people had left ntl or just rang them up to get a better offer?

dayloon said:
You sure about that figure ? Sounds very low. I've been a customer for 7 years, when they weren't NTL. 10mb broadband is 34.99 alone, phone line rental is £11. Can't remember how much i pay for free local/national calls anytime but if you're only paying £25 in total for all that then i suspect they are making a mistake and not charging you correctly.

The figure is correct mate.

I phoned them up and stated that £34.99 for NTL 10mb was too much and Pipex were cheaper and faster blah blah.

I also said that because of the move to Pipex i will need to cancel the phone line. They turned round and said what about £25 per month for both? I said still not as good as Pipex blah blah and he said i will chuck in free local and national calls.

Serious.

The last thread I saw like this (on DS) resulted in the person concerned getting a disconnection booked because the CRE - quite rightly - wasn't prepared to do anything for them, they bottled it 2 days before disconnection and ended up looking like a total idiot (internal policy has changed folks! they won't just attempt to blindly save everyone any more - in part thanks to exactly this issue).

You see every pound you are happy to take out of NTL etc. by claiming you want to go to another provider gets added to everyone else's bill one way or another, that's your friends, your family and more importantly to me and everyone else, our friends and family. If you're unable for whatever reason to pay the going rate either select a lower priced plan or go elsewhere and pay the going rate with someone else but please don't take the urine out of the rest of us by coming on here and acting like this. If you did go to an ADSL provider ask them for a few quid off each month and see what it gets you ...

Avalon said:
The last thread I saw like this (on DS) resulted in the person concerned getting a disconnection booked because the CRE - quite rightly - wasn't prepared to do anything for them, they bottled it 2 days before disconnection and ended up looking like a total idiot (internal policy has changed folks! they won't just attempt to blindly save everyone any more - in part thanks to exactly this issue).

You see every pound you are happy to take out of NTL etc. by claiming you want to go to another provider gets added to everyone else's bill one way or another, that's your friends, your family and more importantly to me and everyone else, our friends and family. If you're unable for whatever reason to pay the going rate either select a lower priced plan or go elsewhere and pay the going rate with someone else but please don't take the urine out of the rest of us by coming on here and acting like this. If you did go to an ADSL provider ask them for a few quid off each month and see what it gets you ...

Good point. Also, I don't believe the prices that NTL charge are expensive. Looking at ADSL, I cannot find a better alternative offering the same value for money.

WEll, I'm on the 3-1 package with Phone/Broadband/Sky'esque all for about £62ish - not a horrendous deal I haveto admin if you consider what all the bits cost together, but I have to say I think they could offer better value (£50ish would be more reasonable)

Come the end of my year's contract I will be moving on however - just sick of the rubbish NTL 'sky' box that sends me up the wall. As to the Broadband... I'm not sure... those 1.2Mb/s download speeds make me smile everytime :D (I'll have to see how ADSL2 pans out. (Nice to have an actual speed instead of the classic 'up to' that the Adsl merchants hide behind :rolleyes: )

I have NTL 4Mbit at home and telewest (it's the same thing, same company now) 4Mbit here at uni. It doesn't sound like an amazing deal but it's very hard to find ISPs that truly allow unlimited downloads and I've always found the service to very reliable. Shame their TV service is terrible.

also if you dont have a phone line you pay an extra
£3 onto any your broadband service. i pay £38 for a 10mb connection
becauase i dont have a phone or any tv package thats with telewest

james32 said:
also if you dont have a phone line you pay an extra
£3 onto any your broadband service. i pay £38 for a 10mb connection
becauase i dont have a phone or any tv package thats with telewest

Well, you shouldn't be. I have 10Mb only and don't pay anymore than £34.99. It specifically says you don't need to take out a phone line on their website, only the smaller 1Mb packages require a phone line to be taken out as well.

edit - I notice you're with Telewest. This isn't the case for NTL and now they have merged I hope they don't change things.

Last edited:
Mikol said:
Well, you shouldn't be. I have 10Mb only and don't pay anymore than £34.99. It specifically says you don't need to take out a phone line on their website, only the smaller 1Mb packages require a phone line to be taken out as well.

edit - I notice you're with Telewest. This isn't the case for NTL and now they have merged I hope they don't change things.

its always been like that with telewest
but once adsl 2 comes to our area then i can argue with telewest about
a price reduction, as most adsl2 broadband is £25 although you still have a
landline to pay.

i rather stay with telewest as my internet has never went down in last 7 years of use, and i never needed to phone them about any problems.

That's right price that, as stated on their Website. I've been with NTL for about 2 years now. Started on 750K for 24.99 a month then was upgraded to 2MB then 4MB just a few months back.
Needless to say I never get anywhere near the full speed!

Avalon said:
You see every pound you are happy to take out of NTL etc. by claiming you want to go to another provider gets added to everyone else's bill one way or another, that's your friends, your family and more importantly to me and everyone else, our friends and family....

So, what you are saying is that i should think about you and other people before sorting out my familys finances?

Dont think so mate, sorry!

If we all thought like you did then we all pay whatver the ISP wanted to charge us because we didnt want the price to go up for Mr Joe Bloggs....

County said:
So, what you are saying is that i should think about you and other people before sorting out my familys finances?

Dont think so mate, sorry!

If we all thought like you did then we all pay whatver the ISP wanted to charge us because we didnt want the price to go up for Mr Joe Bloggs....

I think the point he was making was, if you can't afford the top package, then you should go for one which you can. That's not my opinion, only what I have read into his post.

Mikol said:
I think the point he was making was, if you can't afford the top package, then you should go for one which you can. That's not my opinion, only what I have read into his post.

I had the top package and told them i was leaving, they said dont and offered me a cheaper deal!

Why would i think twice about the implications that may occur?

This is directed at you but to Avalon?

Back
Top Bottom