Anyone got the Speedlink mouse/keyboard/headphones bundle?

Soldato
Or any of the individual parts?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/spee...keyboard-headset-and-mouse-mat-bu-000-sl.html

I'm not that interested in the headphones, but may need a pair, and it still seems like a cheap deal

Was also looking at going for the cooler master devastator 3 combo (other retailers £38) which is a mem-chanical keyboard and mouse combo, or at a redragon combo (£62) for mechanical keyboard, mouse and headphones.

I've been using a basic logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo with my laptop, and have some ancient keyboard at work. Don't need RGB or anything (at least I don't think I do, does it actually do anything useful?).

Will be using the computer for work (not lots of typing) and some gaming (probably not e-sports), but figure if I'm spending £1200+ on a new system, if I can get a half decent bundle that actually improves my enjoyment, it's worth it.

It's hard to beat the speedlink price, but is a cheap mechanical keyboard going to be that much better than a dirt cheap wireless keyboard? Same with the mouse etc?

Soldato
OP
So not used them for a huge amount of time so far but so far:

Keyboard - not every key sounds the same, some have a hollow spring type sound to them, but that seems to be fading as I used the keyboard, so that's probably going to go entirely soon. The space bar has a squeak whenever I use my right thumb to push it (only on the right had side, centre push or left thumb is fine). Any tips on how to take it off and investigate?

Mouse - I'm a million miles from a gaming enthusiast, and couldn't really tell you if it was great or not. The lift off distance however was a problem, I don't lift that often, but I am a lifter, and it was tracking it (accurately to be fair) for a few millimeters I reckon, so I did the tape trick, and that seems to have solved it nicely. It's a big mouse (I think) my hand is still getting used to it, after using a very small logitech, getting used to the mouse button and wheel placement too, but so far so good. I do think the side buttons (forward back), could have been a little bit further forward, but it's probably a preference think.

Headset - much like the mouse, I'm not an audiophile, but it seems alright, not sure I could have it on my head for hours on end, but fairly comfortable, decent sound if a bit too much bass possibly. Haven't tried the microphone.

For £35 though, I really can't complain, definitely doing the job.

OcUK Staff
So not used them for a huge amount of time so far but so far:

Keyboard - not every key sounds the same, some have a hollow spring type sound to them, but that seems to be fading as I used the keyboard, so that's probably going to go entirely soon. The space bar has a squeak whenever I use my right thumb to push it (only on the right had side, centre push or left thumb is fine). Any tips on how to take it off and investigate?

Mouse - I'm a million miles from a gaming enthusiast, and couldn't really tell you if it was great or not. The lift off distance however was a problem, I don't lift that often, but I am a lifter, and it was tracking it (accurately to be fair) for a few millimeters I reckon, so I did the tape trick, and that seems to have solved it nicely. It's a big mouse (I think) my hand is still getting used to it, after using a very small logitech, getting used to the mouse button and wheel placement too, but so far so good. I do think the side buttons (forward back), could have been a little bit further forward, but it's probably a preference think.

Headset - much like the mouse, I'm not an audiophile, but it seems alright, not sure I could have it on my head for hours on end, but fairly comfortable, decent sound if a bit too much bass possibly. Haven't tried the microphone.

For £35 though, I really can't complain, definitely doing the job.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Soldato
OP
No problem, seemed to make sense that the cheapest mechanical keyboard bundle should have something here.

Not played around with the macros and keyboard settings etc so far, just left the rgb always on, the mouse does a pulsing between all the colours, which is fairly subtle but nice. One thing is my hand occasionally hits the menu? key as I type, as the keypress is very light. A wristrest would solve it though.

Back
Top Bottom