• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone have a delidding tool I can borrow for a donation to the Charity of their choice.

Associate
OP
It's arrived.

That what's I call a quick delivery. Bought from Houston and arrived less than 48 hours later .

Time for some fun this evening.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, I'm super new to this place as I was looking for the Delid-Die-Mate 2 to borrow specifically. Funny thing is that they were for £29 on overclockers (out of stock now) and now the cheapest option is on ebay for £55... which is quite sad. I would be more than happy to pay for shipping (both directions) and donate as well. Please, let me know if it would be possible. I'm not in a hurry or anything as I am still looking for a silicone adhesive, but I got the Termal Grizzly LM already. Many thanks, Ed.

Associate
OP
Hey guys, I'm super new to this place as I was looking for the Delid-Die-Mate 2 to borrow specifically. Funny thing is that they were for £29 on overclockers (out of stock now) and now the cheapest option is on ebay for £55... which is quite sad. I would be more than happy to pay for shipping (both directions) and donate as well. Please, let me know if it would be possible. I'm not in a hurry or anything as I am still looking for a silicone adhesive, but I got the Termal Grizzly LM already. Many thanks, Ed.

What type of CPU do you have as different socket types need differing delidders

Associate
OP
It's the Rocket 99 for socket LGA 2066. Make sure you get the right one for your CPU :D

Select 2 day shipping Fedex

Associate
What type of CPU do you have as different socket types need differing delidders
Hey Pooh, thanks for your reply. I have 7700k and it should be fine I guess from all the reviews I've seen. It was really hot for past few weeks, which is not typical for Northern Ireland and I saw my temps going up to 77c while playing PUBG. It's nothing serious yet, but I really don't like such a high temperature with AIO cooler and a case with really good airflow.

Associate
OP
Hey Pooh, thanks for your reply. I have 7700k and it should be fine I guess from all the reviews I've seen. It was really hot for past few weeks, which is not typical for Northern Ireland and I saw my temps going up to 77c while playing PUBG. It's nothing serious yet, but I really don't like such a high temperature with AIO cooler and a case with really good airflow.

Think you should be fine with that CPU. Recent high ambient temps won't help much. My delid tool won't fit your CPU anyhow. its for a 2066 socket and yours is 1151

Associate
Ahh, right. Looks like I will need to ask Awahwah if he could help me out. But then again I'm not in a hurry or anything, but also not willing to pay £50 for 1 time use, even if I could resell it. Than you Pooh!

Soldato
Ahh, right. Looks like I will need to ask Awahwah if he could help me out. But then again I'm not in a hurry or anything, but also not willing to pay £50 for 1 time use, even if I could resell it. Than you Pooh!
If you've got the balls, use a (decent, metal) vice. I'm an engineer so that's my comfort zone, and the 3D printed delid tool failed. Took me seconds in a dinky little 2" vice.

Associate
If you've got the balls, use a (decent, metal) vice. I'm an engineer so that's my comfort zone, and the 3D printed delid tool failed. Took me seconds in a dinky little 2" vice.
Dude, I like your suggestion, but I think it's a bit too extreme for me and I have no vice. haha

Associate

@faceman123 can you send on to @X5MS when you are done please?

@X5MS Can you ping facey please with you address ect. Facey, can you copy me into any mails you have between the pair of you so I can keep track and could both of you update this thread as well please.

Thanks,

Tom

Soldato
@faceman123 can you send on to @X5MS when you are done please?

@X5MS Can you ping facey please with you address ect. Facey, can you copy me into any mails you have between the pair of you so I can keep track and could both of you update this thread as well please.

Thanks,

Tom

no Worries, just fire me over a trust X5MS - I'm still waiting for my Liquid metal to arrive but happy to ship once i've completed the De-Lid :) Thanks

Associate
@Awahwah Thank you so much dude. Sure and I think we can keep you in loop all the time, nothing to hide and better to keep tracking these things.
@faceman123 No probs, I think I did everything correctly but please let me know if you didn't get my message.

Back
Top Bottom