Anyone have an office chair recomendation (sub £500)

I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron online about 10 years ago and it was one of the best things I've purchased. I've admittedly had to replace a few parts for it over the years but I went from buying cheap office chairs on an almost yearly basis, to spending about £150 in one hit and it being a lot more a lot more durable as well as comfortable.

Can't really fault my Herman Miller Aeron. Been working from home for the last 3 years so spending 10+ hours in it per day and never had any discomfort. Only thing I've replaced is the gas lift for about £25 a year ago.

Can't really fault my Herman Miller Aeron. Been working from home for the last 3 years so spending 10+ hours in it per day and never had any discomfort. Only thing I've replaced is the gas lift for about £25 a year ago.

How did you find the replacement process? Mine has needed done for a while but it has looked like a bit of a handling in the videos I watched.

How did you find the replacement process? Mine has needed done for a while but it has looked like a bit of a handling in the videos I watched.
Very simple. The toughest part was getting the old one out of the legs as it was tightly wedged in. Had to support either side and give it a few not so gentle taps with a hammer.

I'm on the lookout for a decent home office chair myself at the moment. The used Herman Millers all seem to be 350+ near me. I've seen the Sihoo and also Boulies. Anyone had any experience with Boulies before?

I've just bought the Alpha XL from an office furniture place for £287 as it came very highly recommended and is meant to be very sturdy but very comfortable. It's replacing my 5 year + old Noblechairs Hero that's still going strong but hasn't got anymore comfortable to sit in. @Dicehunter has one. Mine arrives Tuesday, so will update then if anyone is interested

I've just bought the Alpha XL from an office furniture place for £287 as it came very highly recommended and is meant to be very sturdy but very comfortable. It's replacing my 5 year + old Noblechairs Hero that's still going strong but hasn't got anymore comfortable to sit in. @Dicehunter has one. Mine arrives Tuesday, so will update then if anyone is interested

So, I've assembled the chair and while the seat is incredibly comfortable. I'm unfortunately going to have to return it if possible. At 6ft 8 the back just isn't tall enough for me, and with me having quite a wide gate the arms of the chair are digging in to my thighs.

The search unfortunately continues.

Last edited:
So, I've assembled the chair and while the seat is incredibly comfortable. I'm unfortunately going to have to return it if possible. At 6ft 8 the back just isn't tall enough for me, and with me having quite a wide gate the arms of the chair are digging in to my thighs.

The search unfortunately continues.

at 6ft 8 your going to have problems with every chair. im 6ft 2 and struggled to find a chair

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom