Anyone here rollerskate?

Soldato
Well, like I say, it's been a number of years since I've been in to it. Had a brief outing on some K2 Fatty SCs a couple years back for a laugh, it was very much the opposite of riding a bike... I did forget... :D

I'll give it a proper look tomorrow and see what I can see. I'm sure there are is at least one shop still selling reasonable skates here. I'll maybe check it out and see what they have.
I'm going a bit crazy at the moment with lack of things to do. :|

Soldato
Q: What's the hardest thing about rollerblading?
A: Telling your parents you're gay.

HAHA! :D you have made my rather rubbish exam morning better, thankyou!

For the OP, just go get a dreamcast and a copy of jet set radio, i was going to invest in some about 4-5 years ago, but over £100 to get them ment i stuck ot my skate board and just played jet set when it rained... :cool:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It's been like 10 years since I put a pair of skates on :D

I had a pair of 1980's Bauer rollerskates with yellow and orange wheels and fluorescent laces but never got the hang of them properly. Swapped to inline skates and found it much easier. Find a university campus if you can; always full of steps, stuff to jump over, railings and better surfaces than out in the road. If you want to do jumps and stuff make sure you've got decent wheels and bearings. Jumping down more than about 8 steps will break the back bearing.

Soldato
Haha, quite nice to see this thread, I was planning on buying a pair of skates before Christmas... tempted to get some now, for when all the snow/ice melts. Pretty convenient way of getting around.

I prefer ice skating though, but nearest rink is 45 mins away :(

Soldato
I couldn't help it, had a bit more money than I expected to after bills were paid... Went for the Roces Graal off Rollersnakes.
Seems there are some mixed opinions but, I'll find out. It's not too much cash to have forked out.
End Of Life product but, I'm not going to trash them all that quick, I've not got the mad skills...

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i used to rollerblade lots, but then my blades wore out (brakes wore away and the bearings failed!) and i never got round to replacing them. i really ought to buy a new pair, i could get to uni in three minutes rather than thirty...

never really did tricks in 'em, i didn't see the point. i used them for going FAST.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah I used to play ice hockey as a kid so naturally did some roller blading as practice. Used to love it back then but not as much as the hockey and since don't play that anymore, don't see a point of roller blading again.

EDIT: Well technically it was inline skating

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Ah I used to play ice hockey as a kid so naturally did some roller blading as practice. Used to love it back then but not as much as the hockey and since don't play that anymore, don't see a point of roller blading again.

EDIT: Well technically it was inline skating

roller blading / inline skating are the same thing, just different terminology from different countries.

Soldato
roller blading / inline skating are the same thing, just different terminology from different countries.

Well yeah people just associate roller blading with the 4 wheel type of "shoes", just thought I'd stick that in before pedantic brigade got me :p

Back
Top Bottom