Anyone in Kent who might be able to help me setup an HP Microserver?

Soldato
As per the title, is there anyone in Kent would might be willing to help me setup an HP N40l with OpenMediaVault? I've tried on a few occasions and not had much luck with it.

I've had it working a couple of times and suffered with possible hard disk failures (one was an unknown quality disk, the second was a known knackered disk which I just wanted to test so wasn't unexpected really)

I'm trying again at the moment and I've been having issues with it failing to find a disk to boot from, despite it just having found it a few minutes earlier when trying to install.

If it does find the disk to boot from it, it's saying there's no interfaces available so I can't log into the webIF etc.

I've not done anything like this before and despite following a guide which covers most of it, when there are issues I'm not too sure what I'm doing or what's wrong and could really use the help of someone with more experience.

Any offers would be most gratefully received!!

Soldato
OP
Of course it takes hours! That's the fun!!

Fun is one word for it...lol

also if you've learnt how to build it yourself, when it breaks you won't be relying on someone else to help sort it :)

I suppose though trying to figure out what it means when it does something unexpected and you can't find any about it on google is tricky when you don't really know what you're doing...

Associate
which is more the reason to learn it yourself! if there is a lack of information though, maybe look at something where there is more? I use that when deciding which software to use at home & work.

Back
Top Bottom