Poll: Anyone jailbreak their iPhone in 2019?

Do you jailbreak your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 95.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Apparently a recent jailbreak allows it on the latest iOS13 release.

Watching this vid there's some really great tweaks out there that could make it worth it.

The split screen, picture in picture and some other stuff is pretty enticing.

Interestingly many of the tweaks in this video are features that have been ported directly from the new iPadOS

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Used to do it quite frequently back in the day (back on my ipod touch and iphone 4) but as iOS gets more and more features that were previously only available after jailbreaking, there's just much less reason to now.

Sure the customization is still cool and looks nice, but in terms of tweaks and extra features the only thing thats still missing that I want now is the ability to add more apps on the iphone dock and have more rows/columns.

Still, the biggest reason for me not jailbreaking is that no mobile banking apps work on a jailbroken iphone, and thats the main way I do all my banking so it makes it near useless for me.

Man of Honour
The picture in picture looks good too. Would love to have a YouTube video or YouTube podcast on in the background and still be able to do other stuff. Plus more icons on the home screen.

Can you not just use Firefox with the background playback for YouTube plugin?

I currently do that on my android and I was hoping to do the same when I move over to iPhone.

Soldato
OP
Can you not just use Firefox with the background playback for YouTube plugin?

I currently do that on my android and I was hoping to do the same when I move over to iPhone.

I don't think so. Just used the India VPN hack to get background YouTube playback a few days ago, lol

Soldato
Still not sure I'd bother even though I am still on 3.4.1, boat load of hassle for very little gain for me. Plus needing to run an app on your PC and enter your apple ID and password into said 3rd party app is super sketchy.

Soldato
Still not sure I'd bother even though I am still on 3.4.1, boat load of hassle for very little gain for me. Plus needing to run an app on your PC and enter your apple ID and password into said 3rd party app is super sketchy.

I just created a couple of throwaway apple IDs as you need one for each device and I have a iPhone and iPad Pro.

Have to say I haven't jailbroken a phone since maybe iPhone 4-ish. So far its been fun. I'm only a couple days in but found a few tweaks that make my devices more fun to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom