Anyone just see Phil Taylor's interview? *tournament spoilers*

Caporegime
wedgie22 said:
Great sportsmanship from both players throughout, Barneveld a worthy winnder.

Deffo, and lucky Taylor never threw him through one :D :D

BU BUM TISH. :D

I worthy winnder, im suprised he never cracked under pressure, he was looking a bit glazed, he must have thought Taylor was a right payne. :D

Soldato
Wow.. that was a simply brilliant game of darts, so many twists to the tale. Barneveld deserved that, taylor just constantly looked shaky (literally) at 6-6, missing treble 20's/19's all over the show. I'm looking forward to next year already. :D

Soldato
Psycho Ned said:
If you see better sport on TV in 2007 than that then its been a hell of a game!!!
Agreed, most recent final I can think of that compares to tonights is Liverpools win over Milan.

Soldato
Watched the first 3 sets, then the girlfriend came round so I agreed to watch an episode of one tree hill and prayed it'd still be on 40 minutes later. Turned it back on at 5-4 to tayler and it was simply amazing from then on. It's the first bit of "sport" my girlfriend has enjoyed watching.

We were both routing for Barney. I've always liked him and I just wanted him to get one over on Taylor as it gets boring when the same person/team keeps winning.

Unless its man utd.

Soldato
Fantastic final. I just could keep still while watching it. Hats off to Barney for winning after another great comeback by him but even though I wanted Taylor to win, I not too disappointed as it was just by a whisker and pure entertainment of a final.

TBH, Taylor was nowhere near his best and quite frankly, a tad poor. His doubles were on form but getting to the double wasn't great. Taylor's treble 20 attempts were limp and its been awhile since I've seen him miss so many treble 19's.

Barney's treble 20's were breathtaking and thats what did the trick.

Superb entertainment by worth and a good champ at the end of it all.

Soldato
What a final, I thought that both players might have peaked too early in the tournament but how wrong could I have been. It was more tense than the time I forgot how to sit down. Well played to both. One of if not the best match of all time.

+44

Soldato
top top new years day telly!

Even the wife was enjoying it!! (darts that is! :p )
Great final and good sportsmanship all the way through.

Man of Honour
Good stuff. Just a shame I didn't switch over until the start of the final set when it was 6-6 - been watching This Life marathons with the gf for the last week! Missed out on the start (they said Taylor was averaging 112 at one point to go 3-0 up) and then the 180-fueld Barney comeback.

Always liked Barney since the days he was underdog and won his first world BDO title. In the words of the great Sid Widdell:

"They've got Shakespeare on Radio 2, but you can't beat this for drama!"

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Sid Waddell is a legend. The number of comments he made which would have made more sense on drugs were hilarious. Not forgetting the ones I either couldn't understand or found mental due to his insane enunciation. Legend.

"If you invite the tiger for tea... don't cover yourself in sauce."

Back
Top Bottom