Anyone on VM 50MB in Stafford area having connection issues?

Soldato
As above

Last night on to customer services, who said no fault found, but my connection kept dropping.

I then asked for a manager after getting nowehere and when he came on the phone, he stated the area has a known fault which is expected to be fixed by Thursday.

I think he was just fobbing me off?

Any1 else got issues.

Soldato
Don't live near you - but mine has been going a bit iffy the past day or two.

Usually solid as a rock, but have been having a few connection dropouts requiring me to restart my cable modem.

Soldato
yup known fault..

we complained cus we were off for like 5/6 days (i was at a wedding so dont know) but we got 25quid off our bill.

everynight itll turn off though, which i think is a shoddy router so..

Just keep complaining, and hassle for money off for an unsatisfactory service.

Helpful that weve phoned 10 times, and spoke to an english based person once.

Top side of it is, 18 people have it in stafford, and im peaking at 6.5MB down ;)

Hitman
Soldato
Small bump!

I've been having a nightmare with 50MB over the past week.

Problems started last Thursday around 5.30pm. No Internet for 3-4 days - think it came back up around 12am on Sunday.

Gave VM a call on the Thursday and they said it was a problem with my line, then scheduled an engineer out for the following Wednesday (23rd). Got a text from VM on Friday morning saying that was cancelled and they were sending one out on the day -- I assumed this was because they realised it wasn't just a problem with mine!

Moving on, since it was "fixed" earlier this week, we've had the connection completely cut off a number of times. It seems rebooting the modem seems to fix this most times but we've been left for a few hours with no connection at all.

Didn't have a problem yesterday, but it did it again today!

(I'm in Stafford, just down the road from the campus)

Soldato
what road Matt? im on corporation st so fairly close too. Exactly the same problems too

If its still being crap by monday i'll phone and give them some hell, im away again this weekend so will give you lot an update asap.

Qu3

Qu3

Associate
Thats pretty much what they said last year.

The students are back this week. So pretty much every man and his dog will be getting Virgin installed.

Hitman
Soldato
what road Matt? im on corporation st so fairly close too. Exactly the same problems too

If its still being crap by monday i'll phone and give them some hell, im away again this weekend so will give you lot an update asap.

Same street!

Likewise, if it keeps happening I'll give them a bell. Isn't so much annoying me, but I have 4 others in this house who tend to complain when it goes down.

Soldato
My connection has improved now. I'm on the Holmcroft estate.

Psypher 5, how do you know that there are only 18 people with 50MB?

Thats what V said when we hassled them all weekend :) prolly a few more now but I doubt its any large number.

atm if it goes off just reboot the router and its working again within a min. Not much hassle really :) I'll also try my linksys router and see if its more stable (which im more inclined to think, good old tomato!)

Back
Top Bottom