Anyone own a 650D?

Soldato
Just added all the fans and the Akasa brushed alu fan contolerr to my basket and it comes to almost as much as the case did lmao.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle trying to quieten my case anyway as my Corsair TX750 uses a 140mm Yate Loon fan that's rated at 2800rpm. I stopped all fans in the case and the PSU is pretty loud even at idle. I was toying with the idea of swapping the fan out till I found out it uses a 140mm fan and there dont seem to be many decent ones about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be very interested to hear your feedback about the CM fans, as I'm looking for replacement fans too. Can you turn the lights off on those CM fans? Do they just plug straight into the Corsair's fan controller?

Soldato
Just added all the fans and the Akasa brushed alu fan contolerr to my basket and it comes to almost as much as the case did lmao.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle trying to quieten my case anyway as my Corsair TX750 uses a 140mm Yate Loon fan that's rated at 2800rpm. I stopped all fans in the case and the PSU is pretty loud even at idle. I was toying with the idea of swapping the fan out till I found out it uses a 140mm fan and there dont seem to be many decent ones about.

140mm apache black pwm? :)

Soldato
Will be very interested to hear your feedback about the CM fans, as I'm looking for replacement fans too. Can you turn the lights off on those CM fans? Do they just plug straight into the Corsair's fan controller?

Still trying to decide between getting that fan or replacing these two akasa ambers with some decent 120mm fans.

I've noticed quite a few people have replaced the stock fans with these so they must be good. Although i'm more interested in low noise rather than airflow.

I will also be turning the leds off. Not sure if there is a switch, but it'll be easy enough to snip the wires if need be ;).

140mm apache black pwm? :)

For inside the PSU? The fan that's in there has only 2 wires and I'm not sure how I would wire up a 4 wired fan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does 650D have internal USB 3.0 connector to mobo or standard USB 3.0?
How many coolers can be installed, and any fan controller included?

Soldato
Ordered a Coolermaster Megaflow. It seems to be a very popular fan for users of this case, im surprised OcUK dont sell them tbh. I would have liked to get it fats but i'll probably end up waiting a week from where I had to order it from.

Soldato
Hey mate, you'll be more than happy with the coolermaster megaflow. Its no-where near as noisey as the stock fans but it doesn't shift as much air (compromises have to be made tbh!). I have one on my 650D along with two 140mm Apaches on the top blowing the air out of my 280mm rad.

The Corsair 650D case is very poor for insulating sound - its has too many holes! - but the stock fans are especially bad for sound. The PSU should't matter too much as its at the back of the system, its that front fan that matters as its probably closer to the end user in 90% of cases. Good choice - you might need to move the hard drive cages around a bit to get it to fit though ;) gl

Soldato
The Corsair 650D case is very poor for insulating sound - its has too many holes! - but the stock fans are especially bad for sound. The PSU should't matter too much as its at the back of the system, its that front fan that matters as its probably closer to the end user in 90% of cases. Good choice - you might need to move the hard drive cages around a bit to get it to fit though ;) gl

My case is on my desk so the PSU is still fairly close to me. Its making a lot of noise. I have a feeling it could be bunged up with dust though as its going on for 3 years old now and I don't remember it being so loud in my Eclipse case. I've also ordered some compressed air to see if that sorts it.

I have moved the drive cage forward a little to fit my 2 x 120mm fan bodge in place, so it should be fine. I can always move it more as I stuck it down with double sided foam tape to help reduce vibration.

I'll report back once it arrives :).

Soldato
Got my coolermaster fan today. Snipped all the led wires as I dont want any leds in this case.

It is a lot quieter than the stock Corsair 200mm fans, but as someone else pointed out they dont push anywhere near as much air. I'd say that on high they are still quieter than the Corsair fans on low and push more air, but if you have a hot system they might not be the best option.

I have replaced the top fan with it for now, but I might get another for the front. These two Akasa ambers seem pretty loud with the fan controller set to low, which I assume would be 7v?

Back
Top Bottom