• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone planning to buy the RX 6900 XT, rather than RTX 3080?

Associate
in nvidia control panel's 3d settings

i set default %50 sharpening and %17 ignore film grain

Ah cheers, I thought maybe you were using a ReShade filter. I managed to get a 3080FE and am comparing it to my 6800xt. I swapped the 6800xt back into the system as games looked really blurry without Radeon Image Sharpening. I'll try the 3080 again and apply sharpening through the control panel... Initially
after a bit of reading I was thinking I'd have to set up reshade on the 3080. a lot of the Radeon Image Sharpneing vs Nvidia Image Sharpening articles I found were quite old and saying you need Geforce Experience to enable any form of sharpening. Now I have to wrestle the 6800xt out of my TU150... always makes me sweat as its a tight fit...

Soldato
OP
Then I'm more impressed with it.

This is pretty interesting, particularly the bit about keeping the internal and output resolution matched, so that you don't lose any quality vs with DLSS off, but also get improved antialiasing ( he says this was what DLSS was originally intended for).

I can see this becoming the preferred way to play in the next couple of years, if it can provide better quality than 4K native, or perhaps higher resolutions.

Soldato
This is pretty interesting, particularly the bit about keeping the internal and output resolution matched, so that you don't lose any quality vs with DLSS off, but also get improved antialiasing ( he says this was what DLSS was originally intended for).

I can see this becoming the preferred way to play in the next couple of years, if it can provide better quality than 4K native, or perhaps higher resolutions.

It's already the preferred way for me, if a game has dlss I'll set it to quality and use it

Soldato
OP
It's already the preferred way for me, if a game has dlss I'll set it to quality and use it

Yup, but DLSS Quality mode's internal resolution is ~66% of the output resolution (although it does a good job despite this). I'd like games to add support for DLSS with 100% internal resolution, as far as I know, most games don't have an option for this (yet). I think this would win over critics of DLSS too...

4K DLSS at 100% internal resolution should look more than good enough for small-mid size displays, perhaps even rivalling native resolutions with 16 million / 32 million pixels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom