Anyone preparing to take the CISM exam?

Associate
I see CISM as Information Security Manager - aligning the business needs to Info Sy. CISSP is more technical and hands on.

If you're going IT Auditor, are you also looking at ISO27001 LA?

None of the team are ISO27001 LA mainly because we are acting as the internal audit team for the clients and therefore, not independent.

Soldato
OP
CISM and CISSP are 2 very different certs. CISSP covers a large area of security and is much more technical.

Since i posted this i got CISM certified with the relevant experience and i also passed CompTIA Security+. I have also changed roles several times and currently working as a SecOps Engineer as i prefer the technical side of security.

Soldato
CISM and CISSP are 2 very different certs. CISSP covers a large area of security and is much more technical.

Since i posted this i got CISM certified with the relevant experience and i also passed CompTIA Security+. I have also changed roles several times and currently working as a SecOps Engineer as i prefer the technical side of security.

Congrats! I found the CISM exam quite tough, simply because the answers were so close to each and also because what you would WANT to do in terms of IT Sy, may not be in line with the business goals/objectives.

Associate
I’ll be certainly doing CISA. Been a cert I’ve wanted since starting in audit.

thankful that none of them are the multi year undertaking of my ACCA.

Back
Top Bottom