Anyone tried Barrow TZKMF-V2 quick disconnects?

Associate
Looking at the Barrow TZKMF-V2 disconnects, which can be purchased online for sub £20 for both male and female parts. Combine that saving with the added cost of ordering something like the Koolance QD3 direct due to the carriage costs, it's quite a saving.

Got some Barrow parts and in general quite happy with them, but wonder if anyone has any experience of their quick disconnects before I hit the buy button?

Soldato
Looking at the Barrow TZKMF-V2 disconnects, which can be purchased online for sub £20 for both male and female parts. Combine that saving with the added cost of ordering something like the Koolance QD3 direct due to the carriage costs, it's quite a saving.

Got some Barrow parts and in general quite happy with them, but wonder if anyone has any experience of their quick disconnects before I hit the buy button?

Never tried them but i always worry if something seems abit too cheap and abit too good for the price. I rather fork out the extra for some Koolance QD3's tried and tested and know it won't leak than risk it for an unknown. My Alphacool ones were the same, 2 leaked after a few uses and the locking ring got stuck. The Koolance QD3's so far have been solid and work as intended with multiple disconnects now (probs 20 plus times, maybe more).

Soldato
Seems cheap for disconnects
Just sold my old koolance ones on mm
And they cost a lot more than that
But just picking them up you could tell they were good quality
What's the warranty on the barrow ones?
Think koolance had 2 year warranty

Associate
OP
Thanks both - sadly whichever brand you look at online, there are horror stories of leaks and stuck locking rings.

@Mcnumpty2323 - 12 months warranty on the Barrow QDs.

Maybe I need to dig deep for the Koolance ones - are the problems with the black ones due to internal painting all resolved now?

Soldato
Mine were silver so no paint problems
And it happens with everything
People tend to post online when something doesn't work
But not so much if stuff works fine
So unless you knew what amount of units sold were
Compared to % of complaints
It can get a bit misleading

If its easy to get hold of a pair of barrow ones
And easy to send them back
I would grab a set and check them out for yourself
If they feel really cheap and nasty just return them

Associate
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago, pricing up various QDs and eventually you just end up back at the Koolance QDs, for one obvious reason being that thyre the best in this category of fitting.

I went for the black QD3s and they are perfect. In hand and in use, just great. No wonder they get highly recommended. I have disconneted multiple times and no issues with paint flaking. Its anodized at both the connections so very hard wearing.

Ideally id have loved to get the silver but no where had stock.

However ive got to give it too Barrow for the rotarys, Ive just upgraded some loose EK rotarys and find the barrow a bit more solid on the rotary connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont want to get too far off topic
But just did a build
Used a load of ek quantum torque rotary fittings
And much better no looseness in them

And actually don't ek also do quick disconnects?
Though again if they do
They won't be cheap

Associate
OP
Thanks all, bitten the bullet and gone with the QD3s. Thinking about it, went with the silver ones, as the tubing is the solid black and think the silver QDs will look quite nice with that.

Associate
OP
The fittings and tubing are for an external radiator and reservoir, so went for black ZMT tubing also, as I'm not going to see it really, no worries about the tubing getting cloudy etc.

Soldato
Never tried the black ones but did read the stories but the stories/reports are quite old so im assuming its all sorted now.

I'm in the market to get a few more tbh so i might get some black ones to try out and report back.

Soldato
The fittings and tubing are for an external radiator and reservoir, so went for black ZMT tubing also, as I'm not going to see it really, no worries about the tubing getting cloudy etc.
i got

15,9/9,5mm zmt​

have to say it feels much stronger than
my previous mayhems and ek clear tubing
not quite as hard/rigid as my old primochill lrt
but takes a bit of effort to get it on 16/10mm fittings
not as hard as the lrt
i used to stick that in hot water

the 16.1/10.1 zmt is surprisingly less sturdy
given theres a small amount of difference not even 1mm
that actually failed my leak test on 16/10mm fittings
it might have been fine with coolant rather than with air test
but i just binned it and got the 15.9/9.5 instead

Soldato
Same with ZMT! Been using and reusing the same ZMT i got years ago and it's still clean inside lol. Nothing sticks to it! Just gotta be weary of the sizes with ZMT especially with 10/16mm, as far as im aware they do a 9.5mm/15.9mm or another weird size that has a tight inner diameter.

Back
Top Bottom