Anyone Use Mac Mail?

Soldato
Hi,

I recently started using Mac Mail and I really like it except I have a little problem.

I have set a signature and used the Arial font. I have also set Arial as the default message font. So my message looks all nice in Arial but after I have sent it and I receive a reply back the font in my original message has converted to horrible Times New Roman. My signature however, is still in arial.

Anyone any ideas?

Soldato
sounds more like something that happens on the recipients computer before they reply rather than on yours tbh...

send yourself an email to test?

Soldato
sounds more like something that happens on the recipients computer before they reply rather than on yours tbh...

send yourself an email to test?

was thinking that myself. Would it be if the recipient has the default format set to plain text formatting rather than rich text emails? This could be a likely cause for formatting being messed up.

Soldato
Is there an option in Mail that says "Allow messages to use other fonts" (or similar)? That's an option in Thunderbird that I use and that makes every single email I have appear in Verdana regardless of what the recipient uses, works perfectly!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's probably the formatting that's applied on the other end.

For example, some people send emails in HTML but others choose to use RTF (Rich text format).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've had a lock-up where I've been mass-deleting messages in Mail and things have gone haywire.

I think you need to wait for mail to update the server every now and then, rather than compounding the issue.

Associate
It's probably the formatting that's applied on the other end.

For example, some people send emails in HTML but others choose to use RTF (Rich text format).

I'd have to agree with EVH here, I use Mac mail daily and I sometimes get RTF versions of my replies as well as HTML on other occasions.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I have tested sending to myself. When I do this it shows fine in Mac Mail but on my PC on Outlook it shows as Times New Roman. The signature isn't actually arial as first thought, it's some other font.

The emails are for business and it makes them look terrible.

Any ideas?

Edit: I have just noticed that my Mail email format is rich text. Will changing to plain text resolve it do you think? Will that mean URL's will not hyperlink though?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom