Anyone used the Beats Studio Pro / B&W PX7 S2 headphones?

Soldato
Hey guys,

I was torn between buying these or the Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2 headphones..

I ended up buying the Beats as they I got a cracking offer on them! Plus the "Sandstone" does look nice..(get them tomorrow)..

I have watched a few videos online, and I dont know if I should consider the B & W, has anyone experience with either??

Cheers.

Soldato
It’ll be standard B&W sound signature. Slightly overdone bass but good control and extension. Doesn’t muddy up the mids as much as the beats.

Crisp highs, slightly recessed mids.

Similar to the beats but not as exaggerated V shape sound.

I personally really like the B&W sound signature.

Soldato
OP
The B&W do look real nice, and are available on the rainforest for £279, but I’m getting the beats for around £190.

Is the Beats worth that price in your opinion?

Soldato
The B&W do look real nice, and are available on the rainforest for £279, but I’m getting the beats for around £190.

Is the Beats worth that price in your opinion?

Don’t personally think so.

The new pros seem to have a number of weird things about them, such as no H1 chip and weird sound profile settings, little to no adjustability for comfort.

That being said, it’s not up to me to decide if they’re a good pair of headphones for you.

I would stump up the extra for the B&W but that’s partly because 1. I’m a B&W fan and 2. I don’t generally rate beats.

Soldato
I had the Beats Pro and PX8 rather than PX7 S2 but have had the PX7 S2. I got the PX8 for less than the Beats retail so a lot less they should be and they are in a different league. The sound profile on the beats is ok but was unpleasant I found whilst watching films and some music where it was overwhelming them bottom end, I know they are beats but even so I had to turn down the opening scene of John Wick 4 as the punches to the wooden dummy were noticeably over blown.

Given the choice I'd get the PX7 S2 the sound is very good, the noise canceling works great on trains and planes and they brought out a lot of detail in music especially when feed decent quality streams from Apple Music or Qobuz.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the input guys..

I received the headphones about 20mins ago, and messing around with them..they are?..decent, but don’t know about comparison against the B & W..well the bowers that I have owned in the past at least..

I think I will give some time to see how I get on.. as I’m sure I can recoup some funds to pay for the bowers as they are only £279 on the rainforest.

Soldato
Thanks for the input guys..

I received the headphones about 20mins ago, and messing around with them..they are?..decent, but don’t know about comparison against the B & W..well the bowers that I have owned in the past at least..

I think I will give some time to see how I get on.. as I’m sure I can recoup some funds to pay for the bowers as they are only £279 on the rainforest.
I'm curious. Do you use a DAC and a wire to listen when sitting down? The fact that the Beats Studio Pro offer listening to a DAC using a cable really made me consider getting a pair.

Soldato
OP
I'm curious. Do you use a DAC and a wire to listen when sitting down? The fact that the Beats Studio Pro offer listening to a DAC using a cable really made me consider getting a pair.

Sorry mate, I don’t, I just use them wirelessly. They still sound good, not the best headphones I’ve had but good.

And with the deal I got offered I decided to stick with them..

Although I love the B&W ones too tbh..

Back
Top Bottom