Anyone using head tracking devices for gaming

Soldato
I have a 49" ultrawide screen but it would be nice to see stuff wider when playing my racing games, and I cant really get along with vr headsets as mine makes me feel sick after a few mins of using it. So Im thinking head tracking. What do you think guys?

Associate
I can personally recommend natural point trackIR. It's expensive in the UK (£180) but worked fantastically on my 2600k GTX1070 setup. However I don't play racing games that much anymore so I didn't need it. so sold it. I played dirt, dirt rally rfactor 2, raceroom experience and assetto corsa but did have problems with assetto as it's not fully supported.

Soldato
TrackIR is a decent system of head tracking as long as your game supports it. There are other workarounds even if it doesn't.
You'll have to learn how to move your head to get the best out of the experience, but it doesn't take too long.

Soldato
TrackIR with NV3D glasses can also be a step up too. Sadly nvidia have ditched driver support for 3D glasses in the latest drivers, so older drivers may have to be used.

Soldato
TrackIR5 with the powered LED clipped onto my headphones worked perfectly during my ArmA 2/3 days for X and Y axis tracking.

Never quite mastered using Z axis and leaning forward/back to zoom in/out.

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom