Anyone using Wegovy?

Associate
Hey,

NOT A MEDICAL THREAD... heh.

I've started on Wegovy last week on Thursday. (0.25mg)
Starting weight 100.2KG..
Target 85KG.
1KG lost already as of this morning weigh.

I've noticed a lack of appetite and a complete "meh" approach to all the foods I liked to eat / drink. Very odd.

No side effects.

Anyone else on here using Wegovy? What has been your experience?
hats off to you for losing weight. What's 1kg, a couple of pounds? I'd say at your weight in that time frame it is not fat you have lost but water plus less food sitting around waiting to be processed. Seen a few others mention will power, if you haven't got that then when you come off you are going to struggle. It is odd, weight loss is the most simple equation out there, yet everyone seems to look for fad diets, magic pills. i'd prefer just to eat a bit less food and spend that dosh on a PT so you look half decent when the weight comes off. But to each their own

Soldato
My situation is a little different in that my disability precludes me from significant exercise. I mean literally I can't so much as wear socks without my leg swelling up to double or triple the size, never mind the pain etc from merely standing.

At my worst a couple of years ago I'd hit 38st with extremely low testosterone, was type 2 diabetic with an undiagnosed gut issue that resulted in extremely frequent, painful and bloody diarrhoea. I've also dealt with obstructive sleep apnoea for 15 years and had a list of medications as long as my arm, that came with there own side effects.

I'm a sugar addict with seriously poor impulse control when it comes to the stuff but I turned to the carnivore diet after hearing about it from Jordan Petersons daughter on some podcast.

Over a period of roughly less than a year, I dropped to 26st 7lbs (currently 28st 13lbs as I fell off the wagon) I put my type 2 diabetes and gut issues completely into remission. To the point they couldn't find any evidence of my gut issues and I was discharged. Do you have any idea how emotional you can get when you have your first firm poop in years? I felt like I'd been pegged and was happy about it.

My sleep apnoea improved but wasn't cured, I'd need surgery apparently. And my low testosterone and other thyroid related issues all massively improved. My diet while restrictive, really wasn't difficult. I didn't count calories or do macros etc. I just ate fatty cuts of mostly meat, fish, eggs, butter etc and stopped when full. I felt so much better!

I'm back to carnivore now, and currently pre diabetic and hoping I can stick to it now without anymore derailments as it takes me a long time to get to grips with myself. This is all anecdotal of course, while there are studies to this effect its still not mainstream however a quick Google and you'll see many thousands of people with similar anecdotal stories.

I'm sharing this again as I'm hopeful it can help here, no pushing just sharing my experience with it.

I qualified for gastric bypass etc and was even offered Wegovy or possibly Ozempic but I refuse to go under the knife or inject myself with something even the people who make it don't fully understand.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck to you mate.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
£200/month for something you can do for free, umm no thanks.

Previously I tried the keto diet for 2 weeks and cut out all carbs, did 0 exercise and dropped weight sooo fast. Not enjoyable though so not doing it again.

Years ago did carb cycling, as well as cardio/gym and lost 8kg in 10 weeks.

Really it's actually very very very easy to lose weight, it's as simple as has been mentioned, burn more calories than you consume. If you can't do it and have to resort to alternatives, such as pills, it's down to your mindset.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Yes, weight loss is very easy, that's why most people can do it very easily.

It's like a walking simulator, impossible to fail. In fact, just go for walks, *boom* weight loss :D
Exactly. Steady state cardio aka fast walking, before breakfast is what I find gives best results.
Yea, it's so easy. Hence the obesity crisis doesn't exist. Oh wait
I will happily admit I've put on way too much weight the last couple of years and definitely need to lose some, but its down to my own laziness and bad eating habits, the same as everyone else in this 'obesity crisis'.

Only thing that is needed to change that (when I decide I want to) is to stop being lazy when it comes to activity and eat properly.

Taking a pill is just being even more lazy to make actual changes in your life, and paying £200 a month for it means being a mug as well.

Man of Honour
My GF uses Wegovy. Been using it for 6 months, she's lost 24 lbs. I'm in good shape very health concious and luckily have a lot of determination to stay lean and fit. She on the other hand has been trying to lose weight since I met her 20 years and this is the only thing working for her.

She knows what she needs to do to lose weight but she never sticks to eat.

Wegovy halts her cravings and makes her feel full really quick.

We have already talked about the exit strategy and this will be calorie counting with an app and weighing herself weekly.

I think it's a great thing for some people. Not everyone can follow a restrictive calorie intake and push themselves to keep fit. We all have our vices. Good luck OP.

Soldato
And why is there an obesity crisis?
Because it's easier to stuff ones face, than it is to eat moderately or at least exercise if you're prone to stuffing your face
£200/month for something you can do for free, umm no thanks.
£80 a year for a decent pair of running shoes, so much cheaper but it does require not being lazy or making excuses (unless you physically can't exercise then it's okay I guess)

Reactions: A2Z
Man of Honour
The problem is, many people who stop using it, just go back to their old habits.

You need to have the will power to keep up with a balanced diet after.

Although not targeted at people like me good on you for trying to sort yourself out! Are you changing your lifestyle? Or do you want to see how it feels losing the weight and then play it by ear?

Soldato
Oh believe me I do. Doesn’t make a difference

Well, it would if you did it right.

If it has been going on so long, have you determined what your BMR is?

Once you know that, make sure you are eating 500 more calories a day than your BMR (more if you exercise) and you will gain weight... Saying that you eat more calories than you burn and cannot gain weight is just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom