Anyone want to own up to this?

Man of Honour
Was that picture taken before or after they resurfaced it? in all seriousness looks like it needs re-re-doing that quality of work looks shocking.

Soldato
Was that picture taken before or after they resurfaced it? in all seriousness looks like it needs re-re-doing that quality of work looks shocking.

I was going to say the same, looks incredibly uneven and not even resurfaced properly all down the middle?

Looks like a thin layer of asphalt was sprinkled by a 2 year old at random... Done a crap job either way! :D

Soldato
Lol there's still a pothole on the right side of the road in the cobbled drain area. Proper quarter-arsed job.

Driver might well have ignored the signs, but at the same time with that quality of work and the council refusing to say when they actually pit the signs out I can imagine they might only have put them out a few days or a week before or something and the driver never had chance to see them.

Soldato
Surprised they didn't just lift the car up, had my van moved once when I was away and they redid the lines on the road. Was a bit confusing how it had shifted down the road :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Lol there's still a pothole on the right side of the road in the cobbled drain area. Proper quarter-arsed job.

Driver might well have ignored the signs, but at the same time with that quality of work and the council refusing to say when they actually pit the signs out I can imagine they might only have put them out a few days or a week before or something and the driver never had chance to see them.

We had some drama at work awhile back - I just randomly happened to notice on one.network while checking routes for vans that there was a planned overnight road closure on the road for one of our sites for 3 weeks or something from 5pm til 6am or so... several of the businesses were 24x7 operations on that road as well. Absolute shambles trying to get anyone to deal with it - no one taking responsibility, passing you on to someone else who had no ability to change anything, etc. etc. claims they'd been assured all businesses closed at 5pm (which still wouldn't have worked anyhow). It wasn't until the day before someone came out to put up signs about the closure at which point they were like "uh wait a minute?!?!" and managed to get someone to deal with it.

Soldato
Surprised they didn't just lift the car up, had my van moved once when I was away and they redid the lines on the road. Was a bit confusing how it had shifted down the road :o

Maybe Darlington isn't wealthy and busy enough for the council to have those car yoinking flatbed trucks with a crane.

Soldato

Thought the same but:

A Darlington Borough Council spokeswoman said: "As the vehicle in question has been left in an area without parking restrictions, we're not able to take action against the driver on this occasion.

Soldato
Thought the same but:

I read that as the council won't legally be able to go after the driver, either for a fine or seeking damages for having to pay the contractors twice.

But i don't see why that would stop them craning the car up and moving it to the end of the road or something.

Caporegime
I read that as the council won't legally be able to go after the driver, either for a fine or seeking damages for having to pay the contractors twice.

But i don't see why that would stop them craning the car up and moving it to the end of the road or something.
Risk vs reward I guess. Moving the vehicle without legal justification opens the council up to a world of pain if any damage is sustained.

Soldato

Mate’s girlfriend used to drive a Fiat Seicento back when we were in college, and as luck would have it she also lived almost right next door to our local, and our route home. We used to think it was hilarious when we were coming out of the pub to pick it up between us, and move it. At first we were pretty subtle about it, moving it just a little bit up or down the road, or turning it around to face in the opposite direction to which she parked it, which caused her no end of confusion for a while, until we got carried away one summer’s night, and she heard us sniggering from her open bedroom window as we were manoeuvering it between a skip one of the neighbours had had placed on the road, and his parked work’s van.

She was not amused to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom