Anyone with a Antec P180 and Seasonic S12 430w?

Associate
Has anyone had a problem getting the PSU cage on the P180 to fit flush around a Seasonic S12?

The PSU has a rounded edge and I think its throwing the cubic shaped cage off balance.

I currently have 3 screws inserted fine, I just can't fit the damn fourth one! It's a 1/4 mm off the hole each time.

Its a rather silly thing to query you all about, however as noisy PC's drive me absolutely mad I don't want any dodgy vibration once the full system is assembled!

I was thinking of possibly taking the PSU/cage out and placing a heavy object on it for a few days in the hope it would form a tight fit and in turn fit into the chasis correctly.

Any suggestions? :)

Associate
I've recently dropped a tagan 530W modular into the P180 and it was a nightmare. The PSU is pretty long, and when the cables are plugged in, it was on top of the fan in the lower chamber. So I took the fan out, flipped it around and dropped in on the opposite side of the fan bracket (which means I can't fit the HDDs in the lower chamber).

Anyhow, back to your question:

The Tagan was screwed in the back of the case as well as secured with the cage. If you can do that as well it should suffice with the 3 screws you have on the cage?

Permabanned
True dat Genoma.... I recently fitted a Tagan in a P180 and it was a pretty tough. What I did was remove the fan near the psu completly and have some of my cable go through the 'hole' this created and then up in to the main chamber.... It actually turned out quite nice as everything looks quite neat and tidy now.... I figured losing the fan wouldn't be too much of a big deal given the layout of the Tagan and even installed a stealth fan in the 2nd bay for good measure (the fan I removed was too big :( ). Like you say a bit of a nightmare getting it set up but everything seem ok now.

Tim

Associate
OP
Finally got the PSU fitted nice and comfy, I removed it and used some brute force to get all screws to fit.

I've actually moved the lower fan to the other side, behind the drive bay. This should give better airflow and push air from the lower chamber into the upper. I have no plans to use the bottom bay at the moment and its made a fair bit more room. :) Just a little tip if your struggling to manuvre!

Associate
That's pretty much what I did, but I did flip the fan so that it continued to suck from the front into the PSU.

I also went a bit mad and replaced the stock fans with Akasa ambers, only to find that the chipset fan is by far noisier than anything else. That's my next target for modification... :)

Caporegime
hmm im planning on putting a Tagan i my new P180. All this talk about flipping fans and PSUs not fitting is making me wonder if i have made the right decision on my case. hmmmmm what to do?

Associate
I put a tagan 530 in my P180, and its is definitely cramped. I've got 1 HD in the lower cage (removed that fan completely). I also removed the upper Hdd cage, as it was cramping the power cable to my x1900xtx. Odd really, the p180 is considerably larger than my previous case, but more awkward to work with internally.

All that aside, its a sweet looking case and its super quiet. I dont regret buying it.

Associate
Azza, no you made the right choice. It's a great case and now that you know what to look out for it will be much simpler.

If you are putting the tagan in, it will fit fine but remember to take out the lower bay fan first. you just need to push / pull it and it will unclick from the metal bracket. That will make the job of plugging the PSU modular cables in much easier anyhow.

Then it's just a matter of screwing the fan off the assembly and flipping it, screw it back on, then attach it to the other side of the metal bracket.

Stick with your drives in the upper bay but watchout for the power cable on the graphics cards.

Also plan your modular cables well in advance, figure out what you are going to need first. (mine was trial and error and took much longer). I also wired a fan controller to all the chassis fans which made my life harder :)

Associate
Hi mate,

I got an Antec P180 and a Seasonic s12 430W.

I got everything to fit nicely. you want to leave a gap for the fan on the PSU to be able to draw in air properly. I can send you a photo of how everything fits in mine if you like??

Back
Top Bottom