Anyone with a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 wifi who can do a quick test for me?

Associate
I am having various problems with audio with this motherboard, currently on Manjaro with kernel 5.13.19-2.

When I boot, pavucontrol leads you to believe that audio is playing from the speakers connected to the motherboard line out, however this isn't the case. To get audio to work, I have to go into alsamixer, select the onboard sound card and then increase the headphones channel volume from zero to a higher value.

I've been looking for help from the Manjaro community and also other Linux'y forums, it seems this *may* be a problem with this motherboard. I have tried booting from a live USB environment for several other distros and the problem still exists, so it doesn't seem to be a Manjaro problem or isolated to my installation - it exists with vanilla versions of other distros. I have tried Endeavour OS, Pop OS and Ubuntu.

Would someone mind booting from a USB live image of Ubuntu desktop 21.10 with this motherboard, just to help provide me some reassurance that I have not completely lost the plot!

Back
Top Bottom