Anything like the Moto G7 Power but smaller?

Associate
The Moto G7 Power seems to tick all my boxes:
  • Not a Windows phone
  • Sub £200
  • Massive battery life
  • USB-C with dash charge
  • Finger print scanner
  • 3.5 mm audio jack
The problem is I'm not at all keen on a 6.2" screen. My current phone is 4.8", and I don't think I'd want go much above 5.2", maybe 5.5" max.

I feel like I've been waiting donkeys years to upgrade my current Nokia Lumia 735 (a Windows phone that likes to crash frequently doing basic web browsing). I did seriously consider the OnePlus X a while back, but was put off by the lack of fingerprint scanner. I was certainly disappointed when OnePlus decided not to make a successor to that phone.

Anyone know of any alternatives to the Moto G7 Power that matches my desired screen size? Or has the time come to give up on smaller phones as they all require too many compromises?

Associate
Despite it being 6.2 inches big, it fits in my pocket just fine and I prefer the bigger size because I watch movies on the phone.

I'll have a look for anything that is remotely like the g7 power.

Dan.

Associate
Well i had a look and it just reminded me that the lenovo p2 would be a worthy alternative over the g7 power and it is 5.5 inchs big but it won't be easy to find one to buy.

Yeah a worthy alternative solely due to it's battery life and only battery life.

best-smartphone-battery-life-2019.jpg

If you can't find a lenovo p2 to buy lucky for you i actually own a p2 and can give you that so i will have to find the phone and if it is intact i will let you know.

If i can even find my p2 anyways it was a grey import but works fine in the uk... i will need to find the charger for it as well as checking if it has it's sim card bit where the plastic holds the sim card so i need to check if it has that plastic holder.

According to the above graph the p2 beats the g7 power.

But the p2 is no longer in production which is a bummer.

I will have another look for more phones to consider.

Dan.

edit

Well just use the above graph and take your pick of the smartphones listed there.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well i had a look and it just reminded me that the lenovo p2 would be a worthy alternative over the g7 power and it is 5.5 inchs big but it won't be easy to find one to buy.

Yeah a worthy alternative solely due to it's battery life and only battery life.

best-smartphone-battery-life-2019.jpg

If you can't find a lenovo p2 to buy lucky for you i actually own a p2 and can give you that so i will have to find the phone and if it is intact i will let you know.

If i can even find my p2 anyways it was a grey import but works fine in the uk... i will need to find the charger for it as well as checking if it has it's sim card bit where the plastic holds the sim card so i need to check if it has that plastic holder.

According to the above graph the p2 beats the g7 power.

But the p2 is no longer in production which is a bummer.

I will have another look for more phones to consider.

Dan.

edit

Well just use the above graph and take your pick of the smartphones listed there.

I'll assume you didn't mean 'give' as in literally regarding a Lenovo P2. Looks like a very nice phone and would be a phenomenal upgrade over my Nokia 735, though seems it doesn't do USB-C and fast charging despite its enormous battery capacity.

I'll have a look over the chart provided for phones that tick my boxes. Unusually I don't give a toss about screen resolution, but then I'm used to 720p on a 4.8" screen, and 720p on a larger screen than I know will be a downgrade, even though I've not yet seen it to object about it.

Associate
61341865_10157279684127375_6638797186412838912_o.jpg
61126901_10157279686447375_2819914035783270400_o.jpg
60970844_10157279687272375_425485238735470592_o.jpg

Well i found my unused lenovo p2, on the 3rd bottom picture which is above this sentence it does not have it's sim tray so to speak, nor do i know where the charger is.

Yeah i did actually mean to give you a free phone, if you want this phone let me know then if you want it i am going to have to find a box or whatever for me to post it.

Edit,

So yes to make this clear i am willing to give you this phone for nothing so all in all will be completely be free, if you can find a sim tray to buy online that will fit this phone then that be great, not sure about the charger but with the correct usb cable it will charge anyways and does not matter what charger your using, i mean you can use the pc to charge the phone but will be slower to charge.

edit,

I brought this phone june 29th 2017 @ £234 from csmobiles and is a grey import.

Dan.

Last edited:
Soldato
.T...problem is I'm not at all keen on a 6.2" screen. My current phone is 4.8", and I don't think I'd want go much above 5.2", maybe 5.5" max....

My last phone was 5.2 and felt the same. But I went for the G7 Power and have to say I don't notice the size. I think it didn't feel as big as the size suggests. It's reasonably slim despite the battery and the bevels are also slim.

Associate
As for size, well hardly noticeable i must admit for me here.

I have been using phones that are 5.5 or smaller (nokia 8) and this is 6.2.

It is only just a little bit bigger that is all, no outrage and fits in my pocket fine.

For under £200 you would be hard pressed to find a phone like this (moto g7 power) with one of the longest or longest battery life mobile phone that is in production.

Dan.

Associate
OP
Well i found my unused lenovo p2, on the 3rd bottom picture which is above this sentence it does not have it's sim tray so to speak, nor do i know where the charger is.

Yeah i did actually mean to give you a free phone, if you want this phone let me know then if you want it i am going to have to find a box or whatever for me to post it.

Edit,

So yes to make this clear i am willing to give you this phone for nothing so all in all will be completely be free, if you can find a sim tray to buy online that will fit this phone then that be great, not sure about the charger but with the correct usb cable it will charge anyways and does not matter what charger your using, i mean you can use the pc to charge the phone but will be slower to charge.

edit,

I brought this phone june 29th 2017 @ £234 from csmobiles and is a grey import.

Dan.

That's very generous. I must admit the P2 sounds like it ticks all my boxes - being a novice I didn't know fast charge without USB-C/Thunderbolt was possible, and either way it has such a large battery compared with my current Windows phone it may not be as critical a feature as I thought.

I'm sure I'll find a way to sort the sim tray out, so if you're willing then I'd be very grateful for the phone. I'll try to PM you my address (or however it works on this forum).

PS. I take it it's unlocked? (My sim is with Talkmobile)

Thank you, and I'll try to PM you now.

Associate
No problem mate, your welcome.

Anyways i am going to have to do a factory reset because my username and password details are on the phone.

I will post the phone (tomorrow) and a very short usb cable that i am using at the moment to charge the phone via the computer in picture below.

61265391_10157279792607375_4569296559526641664_n.jpg

Associate
Right done a factory reset and the phone is good to go,

I will do another factory reset so when Vexr gets the phone he can go on from there.

I will leave the phone on charge for a couple of hours so when Vexr gets the phone it won't be a flat battery also to make this clear i will connect the usb cable to the charge port on the phone when i post it.

61050887_10157279863697375_6010109215178227712_o.jpg

Associate
OP
No problem mate, your welcome.

Anyways i am going to have to do a factory reset because my username and password details are on the phone.

I will post the phone (tomorrow) and a very short usb cable that i am using at the moment to charge the phone via the computer in picture below.

Awesome, I look forward to receiving it. An FYI: I don't know about your local post offices, but the ones near me are closed on bank holiday Monday, so wouldn't be able to post tomorrow.

I'm happy to be patient for it to arrive, no urgent rush.

TYVM again.

Associate
Awesome, I look forward to receiving it. An FYI: I don't know about your local post offices, but the ones near me are closed on bank holiday Monday, so wouldn't be able to post tomorrow.

I'm happy to be patient for it to arrive, no urgent rush.

TYVM again.

Again thanks for the heads up regarding today which is a bank holiday which is why I posted yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom