AOC cu34g2

Associate
Hey guys thinking of buying the aoc cu34g2 and im wondering if anyone has this yet and has possibly overclocked it to 120 or 144hz I know there is a 144hz model im just wondering if anyone has found a loophole

Associate
Not sure anyone will have one yet, still on pre order. Been waiting on the 144hz one since March originally.
I'm half tempted to cancel and wait and get the iiyama GB3461WQSU 144hz IPS screen instead as it's probably going to be available sooner. It's not curved though... which on UW could be bad.

Associate
Not sure anyone will have one yet, still on pre order. Been waiting on the 144hz one since March originally.
I'm half tempted to cancel and wait and get the iiyama GB3461WQSU 144hz IPS screen instead as it's probably going to be available sooner. It's not curved though... which on UW could be bad.

I've done the same, albeit from mid april. OCuk had a soft ETA of 26th April but still no delivery. They've been keeping me updated on the presales customer services section but it seems like the monitor / display market has gone nuts. Hardly any stock anywhere and prices going through the roof.

Fingers crossed they arrive soon.

Associate
This one?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/iiya...klit-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-13h-iy.html

what you using it for? I've only had IPS previously so i'm slightly worried about going VA with ghosting / smearing / overshoot but i've gone with it.

The week prior to me ordering this, the predator X34P was £699, which, whilst expensive, was a deal based on the fact it seems to be £950 everywhere now. Similarly the cu34g2x seems to be creeping up in price everywhere as well.

The iiyama is 75hz yeah? I had a 144hz ips previous and that was a nice refresh rate.

Associate
No not that one, it's 144hz and not released yet.

Main use will be working through the day but I like to game in the evenings. Like you VA is unknown to me and a bit of a concern, as current screen is IPS and 144hz.

The new iiyama is listed at another retailer for £399 by the way, so it's a bit of a bargain!

Associate
Looks like these are coming in stock soon. Few other sites say 11th and another competitor is now showing stock but slow delivery suggests they'll have it around 11th as well.

Associate
I did a lot of research on the AOC 34CU2GX and it's competitors recently. After deciding that this was the one to go for (price/performance etc.) I managed to purchase one from another company on 5th May. I got an email alert when it was in stock and they were sold out within the hour! I don't know if this means other companies will be receiving stock too in the near future.

Regarding the original question, unfortunately I don't know if it's possible to overclock the 100 Hz version. But I understand that the 'X' version with 144 Hz support is around £50 more than the 100 Hz version (although prices are all over the place at the moment). For around 10-15% extra in cost, would it be worth just buying the 144 Hz version and avoiding any problems and hassle?

As an aside it's worth nothing that to get 144 Hz at 3440x1440 I understand you need display port v1.4. DP v1.2 doesn't appear to have the bandwidth as I have just discovered. So 100 Hz version might be sufficient depending on your graphics card.

Associate
I did a lot of research on the AOC 34CU2GX and it's competitors recently. After deciding that this was the one to go for (price/performance etc.) I managed to purchase one from another company on 5th May. I got an email alert when it was in stock and they were sold out within the hour! I don't know if this means other companies will be receiving stock too in the near future.

Regarding the original question, unfortunately I don't know if it's possible to overclock the 100 Hz version. But I understand that the 'X' version with 144 Hz support is around £50 more than the 100 Hz version (although prices are all over the place at the moment). For around 10-15% extra in cost, would it be worth just buying the 144 Hz version and avoiding any problems and hassle?

As an aside it's worth nothing that to get 144 Hz at 3440x1440 I understand you need display port v1.4. DP v1.2 doesn't appear to have the bandwidth as I have just discovered. So 100 Hz version might be sufficient depending on your graphics card.

AS an aside, and apologies for hijacking the thread. I assume you have received it? How have you got on with it thus far? I'm genuinely intrigued as to how it will fare, particularly as i'm new to VA. I'm sure all performance is reasonably subjective, but i'm interested in your opinion.

Associate
So far I like it. I've only played CS:GO and Assetto Corsa so far. Had to turn down the settings as you'd imagine, but Assetto Corsa is still beautiful on an ultrawide monitor; driving is much more immersive. My previous monitor was a TN type at 1080p and 144Hz, so the colours of the VA are noticeably better, but once I get into a game I don't really notice anymore. Whats more noticeable for me is the increase in resolution and aspect ratio; it's such a big change from 16:9 1080p. I also definitely notice the drop in fps as I now run CS:GO at ~100 fps while before I was getting >144 fps, but in terms of ghosting I don't see anything horrible. Not to my untrained eye at least. If money was no object I would definitely have gone for the LG 34GK950F because of the IPS screen and HDR (The AOC claims to be HDR but all the tests and reviews online point out that it doesn't actually meet the requirements in reality), but the AOC CU34G2X was literally less than half price which means I can spend the other ~£500 on a (possibly necessary) GPU upgrade. At the end of the day, I play games and don't do any image editing etc so speed is more important to me than image/colour reproduction, hence I'm happy with VA. To be fair though, I was also happy with the colours of my previous TN display...

Associate
For those coming from IPS and also considering the Iiyama, I would check out a few reviews of each as from what I could gather, the AOC had the better colour accuracy and gamut coverage.
I only do casual photo editing but wanted something decently accurate coming from an IPS (all be it a 15yr old one).

Associate
My AOC G2 has shipped.
Have OcUK started sending out any stock or did I get lucky with my other order?

You got lucky, as they only had 10 I believe and AOC are one of the worst if not THE worst company when it comes to delivery of stock, as I've experienced this before with them!

I've actually cancelled my AOC CU34G2X order and changed it with OCUK to the Iiyama 144hz IPS screen instead. Coming from an IPS I think I need to stick with IPS!

Associate
You got lucky, as they only had 10 I believe and AOC are one of the worst if not THE worst company when it comes to delivery of stock, as I've experienced this before with them!

I've actually cancelled my AOC CU34G2X order and changed it with OCUK to the Iiyama 144hz IPS screen instead. Coming from an IPS I think I need to stick with IPS!

Did you change it to the iiyama 34 one?

Back
Top Bottom