• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

aorus b550i pro ax: Slightly higher idle temps after BIOS update

Associate
Hi all, before I start I have a gigabyte aorus b550i and ryzen 5600x and an AIO Corsair h100i platinum 240mm. I have updated to the most latest bios F16d, it was on F10 before. My idle temps used to be around 39-43 give or take. I've noticed that the temps are noticeable higher after update, it is now idling at around 45-50. I'm wondering if this is at all related to the update. Not sure if anyone is experiencing this also or if anyone has suggestions or advice. I understand only after updating, that any versions with a letter at the end is a beta version, not sure if that makes a big difference or not either. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
Updating your BIOS will usually revert everything back to default. So any tuning you did previously will be reset and you have to do it again. Or, there could be something in the new defaults that puts unnecessary volts through the system resulting in the higher idle temps.

Get tuning that chip, my good man. Plenty of info around on these forums.

Associate
Hi, I'm encountering the same issue here. My setup is b550i pro ax, 5800x in a NZXT-H1 case with AIO.
I've updated from F14 to version F16d. Now my chip under volts fantastically. Went from 90c cinebench to 70c with hi ambient temps around 30c and 20w less power draw which's quite impressive.
With 'normal' amb temps even lower. Now I've turned my fans way down because I'm using it as 'n audio workstation and want it to be absolutely noiseless. I should try out how cool it is with stock fan settings. :)

For everyone interested, power limits are set to PPT 98, TDC 65, EDC 84 and curve optimizer to -25.
What I really like about the latest bios version is the feature to set the boost clock override to minus. But.. I cant figure out why the heck the idle temp went up so much!
It used to be 24 to 32c depending on amb and load. With new bios its between 37 and 45c.
Now I's no real biggie but it still annoys me.

I was thinking, maybe the sensors are calibrated / interpreted differently or they've messed around with the idle power settings.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all, before I start I have a gigabyte aorus b550i and ryzen 5600x and an AIO Corsair h100i platinum 240mm. I have updated to the most latest bios F16d, it was on F10 before. My idle temps used to be around 39-43 give or take. I've noticed that the temps are noticeable higher after update, it is now idling at around 45-50. I'm wondering if this is at all related to the update. Not sure if anyone is experiencing this also or if anyone has suggestions or advice. I understand only after updating, that any versions with a letter at the end is a beta version, not sure if that makes a big difference or not either. Any help is appreciated.
With Gigabyte if the BIOS has a letter as a suffix, as with '16d', then that is a beta bios. When it comes out of beta then it will be just be '16'.

I would generally advise to avoid the beta BIOS' and use the standard release, so in this case 15.

Back
Top Bottom