** AORUS' FIRST GAMING MONITOR AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW **

Soldato
heads up, not sure how other freesync: G-Sync enabled monitors work but have to make sure Freesync is turned on in the screens menu controls and then Nvidia control panel will pick it up and your able to activate it

Soldato
If this was ROG styled it would be an insta purchase for me, Everything I have, Mobo, Peripherals etc... Is ROG so this would look completely out of place, Here's hoping Asus bring a monitor like this out for Freesync users as it has some nice specs.

Soldato
I wonder how much Gigabyte had to throw Nvidias way to get their monitor to the top of the list for appraisal by Nvidia...:D

Soldato
Interesting for sure.

My 27inch 1440p IPS benq cost about £250 from ocuk, so this is over double the price basically for adaptive sync rate, hardware based hdr and some gaming features.

I would lose versatility on inputs as would be going from DP, hdmi, vga, DVI to DP, hdmi, hdmi. (granted my existing DP is half broken), assuming the DP is fixed on new display tho, moving my pc from dvi to DP would mean dvi not needed, but the lack of vga would cause me a problem.

Also the min refresh rate of 48hz seems too high.

Associate
Min refresh rate seems to be the weakness of freesync compared to g sync. That said, if you're dropping below 48fps you're probably playing at the wrong settings or resolution for your card. No point having 144hz monitor and playing below 50fps.

Soldato
Its just how some games are, its more common than you think in non mainstream titles, especially jrpg ones.

Zesteria e.g. is a locked 30 fps console port.

You could have quad sli titan X, and a 32 core cpu, and it would still be 30fps.

I wouldnt be buying the monitor for 144hz either, I would possibly use 120hz so 24fps anime cutscenes dont stutter (24 doesnt fit into 60 but does into 120). The adaptive frame rate would be useful for games where 60fps cant be maintained as well.

The hardware HDR.

A proper working DP.

Thats what would be my reasons.

I personally dont buy into the 61+ fps craze, so sadly the variable rate is effectively 48-60 for my games which is kinda limited. It feels like a technology thats just designed for competitive FPS and top tier GPU's not mainstream gaming and lower tier gpu's like 1060 etc. Maybe the min refresh rate will be fixed in freesync v2, here is hoping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom