Soldato
OP
About time.

Just need reasonable vrms, no fan and the basics.

AMD prob held out as long as it could - they make more money via x570 then b550 as they produced the chip. AMD are finally thinking business first at the perfect time .

Have a feeling Aorus B550 Master could go Three ways with VRM; - since X570 Elite features 12x Vishay 50A SiC634 (Integrated Mosfet) powerstages on 4 layer PCB and X570 Gaming X loses integrated Mosfet for 1 Hi (4C10N) + 2 Low (4C06N) set up per phase, having 10 Phases total . Both use Doublers unlike Master and Xtreme so B550 most likely would double aswell

• 10 Integrated Phases at 40amps or 8 Integrated at 50 amps giving same 400amps across VCore
  • 8 non Integrated Phases but unlike Gaming X/UD would feature 2 Hi + 2 Low phase design
In theory B550 Aorus boards should offer higher amps across the Vcore then x570 entry boards but at a less eff way with lower costs, as X570 Elite offers 120amps more then Pro/Ultra actually does.

Pure thoughts and guesses though. Gigabyte cant afford to offer a weak line up with b550 like B450 was, and with z390 and x570 offering killer phases it would be madness not to continue pushing higher phases designs then rivals

Associate
Unfortunately I bought Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2. It's working nicely, but the motherboard is lacking second USB3.1 header. The thing is the PC case would have 4xUSB3.1 in the front panel and now can use only 2 of them. Any smart ideas how to make all USBs working?

My last build in this same PC case had ASUS Prime Z270-P and obviously it was better equipped, never had these kinds of problems.

Soldato
Unfortunately I bought Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2. It's working nicely, but the motherboard is lacking second USB3.1 header. The thing is the PC case would have 4xUSB3.1 in the front panel and now can use only 2 of them. Any smart ideas how to make all USBs working?
There are some adapters allowing connecting front port to USB2 header.
(of course limiting port to USB2 speed)
There are also propable cables for connecting that front panel cable to rear USBs.

And then there are USB controller cards.
Silverstone ECU05 USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 PCIe Expansion Card= £29.99

Back
Top Bottom